Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Got a boat? Let's see it with a name on it.

Quote Originally Posted by BrentF View Post
    Boat:

Boathouse:

OMG,,,stunning! Is that a Chris Craft

nemo me impune lacessit Kris Clewell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Strato 102 View Post
    The L6 Mercurys are great. My earlier (pre CDI ignition) is not without it's liabilities. Volvo drives are awesome. I had a 67 Donzi Ski Sporter with one. I recently had a 69 Donzi 18 with a Holman Moody 427 Side Oiler and V drive. I sold it to a friend with the resources to bring it back to new. Is that your XK 22? that and the 19 were cool.
    yes it is. I kinda want to sell it to get a smaller boat, but im not willing to let it go cheap so Its stuck around.
    -Kris Clewell

Professional photojournalist

red decklid club member #1

My 65 Stevens SK. It lost it's original H & M 427 Side Oiler before I got it years ago. Now powered by a FE 390. My tow vehicle is a 67 SS396 Chevelle Conv (The real deal, not a clone). Sorry for the lousy photo. Neither the car or the boat are nearly as fast as they look.

Ciao

Jim
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Jim Breazeale; 10-08-2015 at 03:14 PM.

Hey, great thread!

Just about to leave with Mary Ann on a 3-hour cruise.
    I'll check back in when we return...

971847_657514097595762_1615599151_n-870x400.jpg

Jon B.
    Vista, CA

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Harriman View Post
    OMG,,,stunning! Is that a Chris Craft
    Thanks Bob. Yes, it's a 1947 Chris Craft dual cockpit forward. Has original inline 6 Chris Craft motor as well.

Given this thread is about boats' names, when I bought it in 1976 it had the name "Gay time" in script cut from stainless steel, which had a different meaning in 1947 than 30 years later. The very FIRST thing I did with the boat, was remove the name, and lobbed off the lower portion of the letter y and turned it into a u and put it back on the transom. The boat has been known as Gautime ever since. Whenever people ask me what that means, I says it's Welsh for Good time.

As for the cottage, it's on a piece of land called Moot Point:

Beautiful castings...whatever their purpose is.

moon12.jpg

moon11.jpg

Moon13.jpg

I live on Cherokee Lake in east TN. 90% of the craft are pontoons...
    Pontoon Name.jpg

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Strato 102 View Post
    Here is my 1966 Rayson Craft...on the other end of the spectrum.
    Wow. Blast from the past. Steward that boat well my friend; I think Ray DeFir only built 21 Rayson Craft boats total.

After Ray moved his shop from OR to Phoenix (1 block from our biz) I had him redo my Mandella flatbottom. He was a pioneer and one of his many accomplishments was setting a 1000 mile non stop ski record on the Columbia River that still stands I believe. 33 1/2 hours non stop!!

Sadly Ray left us in 2011.

http://obits.oregonlive.com/obituari...&pid=154272153

Here's my girl - she's a 1956 Chris Craft 17.5 foot DeLuxe Runabout. Has the original engine and I've had her for 15 years now. I have her up on Lake Coeur d'Alene, Idaho which has a nice wooden boat presence with lot's of old boats (Chris, Century, Higgens) and new such as Stancraft. I named her Whirlaway which as some of you know (Gib) is the 1941 Triple Crown Champion. That straight 6 burbling away or up on plane is a wonderful sound. High maintenance for sure but it's a genuine love affair.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    David

1972 911T Targa
    1993 964 RSA #14
    Early S Registry #1799
    PAID MEMBER 2016-17

member #1515
    Those Chris Craft remind me of the Hardy Boys mysteries.
    David

'73 S Targa #0830 2.7 MFI rebuilt to RS specs