Thread: 1969 911T acceleration cable

1969 911T acceleration cable

Gas pedal went flat while accelerating. The throttle linkage has come apart under the rear of the car. it has become disconnected leading into a sleeve (rubber boot). The reverse lever is connected leading to the engine so it came apart leading from the lever to the front of the car. Any help on this would be appreciated.

Shift Knob Maker
    Sound like you are going to need to get your head down in the pedal box. There is a ball end that connects to a pivoting lever that needs checked. #'s 11 & 25, or the throttle pedal itself. Problem should be obvious in that area.

Mark..
    Attached Images Attached Images  

You need to replace part #10, happens all the time, the new one will be in a retaining sleeve so there will be a fail safe if the rubber isolator breaks.
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Quote Originally Posted by edmayo View Post
    You need to replace part #10, happens all the time, the new one will be in a retaining sleeve so there will be a fail safe if the rubber isolator breaks.
    Thank you! Well, this is interesting. I took off the extension rod and instead of silver connecting piece I have this. I have another '69 and it is exactly per the schematic. what I cannot see is inside the sealing sleeve. I feel the rod but nothing is sliding through the sleeve. It feels like hard rubber on the end of the sleeve. I am tempted to slit it on the end to get whatever is inside (I am guessing some type of connector). Any ideas?Name:  throttle 2.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  21.3 KBName:  throttle 1.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  26.1 KB

You still need to buy part #10,,,,your picture shows part #8. Part #8 connects to part 7 via part #10.
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Shift Knob Maker
    I assume you are referring to #12 as the sealing sleeve? If so, you don't need to cut it, it just pulls off. It is a boot, to keep debris out of the the tunnel, it just slips over a lip on the back of the tunnel.

Mark..

I have tried to peel it back, the rear part of it has some hard rubber in it not allowing the throttle cable to stick out. I will replace along with #10, thank you for the advice