Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS: 300830 Early 1965 911 Matching Numbers Silver Black California Driver 225k obo

FS: 300830 Early 1965 911 Matching Numbers Silver Black California Driver 225k obo

Production History:

Porsche 911 #830 (about the 600th 911 ever) would roll off the assembly line on April 20, 1965 according to the factory build sheet for the day (I have a copy of this). #830 was originally delivered to Pon's in Holland, according to the original Kardex build sheet. I have a high resolution scan of the Kardex.

Specifications:

According to the Kardex, 300830 left the factory with engine #900971 and trans #100830, color: silbermet 6206B (Silver Metallic), interior: Kunstl.schwarz (Black Vinyl), Two pairs of seat belts , and a Webasto heater.

Original owner was a Woodland Hills, CA based executive at an Oil Company who would retire as a professor at USC.

Unique early-build parts on #830:

Aluminum frame wood steering wheel
    Raised engine grille which is 20mm thick, as seen on the 901 cars. (used 356 grill material)
    Window frames on both doors are flared on the trailing edge and have two screws holding the vent window frame
    Cast bronze four screw grill
    Washer bottle/bag behind the right rear wheel arch
    Nadella rear axles
    Original solid black shift knob with no shift pattern
    Factory luggage strap brackets in front trunk
    Original Porsche Script and Emblems
    Solex Carbs and Airbox incl.
    Dual Pierburg fuel pump inlc.
    Original Tool Kit and jack
    Original Manual
    Records back to 1988
    All 5 original chrome ventilated wheels 3/65
    Webasto heater

A California car, the car is amazingly free of rust for an early '65. Car has solid original floors
    Original undercoating in most areas including the floorpan. These areas look as clean and original as you would expect a California driven car to be.

Car had one respray in the early 1990s. Original paint was supplied by Stoddard

Interior was redone in 2011 and still looks new.

Matching numbers engine rebuilt in '89 runs strong and makes a great daily driver. Currently fitted with webers but original solexs and airbox are included.

Records show careful regular maintenance and service.

Car is located in Westminster, CA

225k obo

Will hit the rest of internet after a week.

IMG_0001.jpgIMG_0002.jpgIMG_0003.jpgIMG_0005.jpgIMG_0006.jpgIMG_0011.jpgIMG_0013.jpgIMG_0016.jpgIMG_0021.jpgIMG_0024.jpg
    Last edited by 72targa; 09-18-2015 at 07:10 AM. Reason: Please list trades in appropriate section. Thanks!

Wonder if Eric Linden's dad brought this one into the country and if he has any records?

Quote Originally Posted by doigthom View Post
    Wonder if Eric Linden's dad brought this one into the country and if he has any records?
    What Kind of records were you looking for that he might have?

Previously I believe that Eric has stated that his dad would import cars for customers but was not an official Porsche dealer. He worked through Pons and I believe in the past he has found his Dad's records on one or two of the cars that have appeared on the Registry. I'm sure he will correct me if I am wrong on this.

Interesting. What is his username? Would love to see this info.

Goes on here as Soterik. He is Auto Foreign, the best supplier of exact reproduction parts

For those who have asked,
    Yes I am open to trades if they include cash.

Also got an update from Eric that his father didn't import this car.

Taking offers before it hits the internet

Can't believe this car hasn't sold yet- good value for money.

GLWS.
    Member #2683