Thread: Help 1970 Blaupunkt Euro Wiring

Help 1970 Blaupunkt Euro Wiring

I am about to test and then install the 1970 Blaupunkt Euro I purchased for my '70E restoration project.

I have a couple of questions about the wiring connections. See the attached pics.

1. What do the polarity instructions posted on the top of the radio refer to? I do not see a tab anywhere.
    2. I assume I need the 2 pin DIN speaker connector. I ordered one on E bay. Does the connector plug in to the two holes on the upper LHS of the rear panel?
    3. I am also assuming that the yellow wire with fuse is power and that the radio chassis is ground. The antennae cable is obvious. What is the other grey wire soldered to the antennae connection?

Any help will be appreciated
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Tom Butler
    1973 RSR Clone
    1970 911E
    914-6 GT Clone in Progress

The radio is showing 2 power connections, one for a positive ground vehicle (right side on diagram) one for a negative ground vehicle (that's you). It looks like the tab is broken of, if you push the tab in its for a negative ground vehicle, tab out positive ground vehicle. Maybe you should pull the top off and see whats going on with the tab. Yes the yellow wire is positive. Hard to see in the pic where the grey wire is soldered to, does it go inside the radio or is it soldered to the shielding of the antenna wire, if its soldered on to the shielding its a ground. Yes the speaker plugs into the 2 holes on left side.

rvdv...Thanks for your reply. I am guessing the tab is located on the back panel along the top just to the left of center as indicated in the last photo. Is that correct?
    Tom Butler
    1973 RSR Clone
    1970 911E
    914-6 GT Clone in Progress

Yes that's correct.