Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For 2.0 with high compression whats heads gaskets can mount ??

For 2.0 with high compression whats heads gaskets can mount ??

The question is this : For 2.0 with high compression pistons 10:5 whats heads gaskets can mount ??

I mount one kit from the "Victor reinz kit gaskets" and with 3 weaks of working fail one head gasket !!!

Dismount engine and return mount another same kit of gaskets and now in one month return fail !!!

Whats do you think ?? Please gurus of this engines.....

Whats the step I need make ??
    WWW.9TREFFEN.COM

9treffen@gmail.com

Youngtimers aircooleds burrow in Mallorca island....

Banned
    Sounds like you need a new engine builder.

Those gaskets work fine for compression MUCH higher than 10.5:1.

Something else is going on.

Jejejeje yes !!!

The littlel problem is I'm the builder and I'm not mechanic !!

I only work in the engine of my cars and is my first time on my live I work with one 2.0 from one 911 !!!

And the other problem is in my Island not know anybody cam make the work with one engine with differents upgrades.......

I think now I need give to the heads one new adjust of the sizes and levels......

Whats do you think please Sr. Frank ??
    WWW.9TREFFEN.COM

9treffen@gmail.com

Banned
    What do I think?

Lol

I'm not even sure where to begin.

Island?

Is that Fantasy Island?

Frank, the gentleman lives in Mallorca, Spain, the largest island in the Balearics in the western Med.

For the 2,0 liter engines I was under the impression that the head gaskets aren't really responsible for sealing the cylinder-to-head interface: that seal is made by the top of the cylinder and the head itself. When installed the gasket surface is actually lower than the top of the barrel. When everything is torqued up and hot it probably backs up the seal.

I would start by checking the interface between cylinder and head and work from there.
    1966 911 #304065 Irischgruen

Something isn't flat (besides the earth).
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

You're exactly right John,,,,what he needs to do is get the spec book which will outline all the dimensions for the counterbore in the combustion chamber and distance to top fin of cylinder. Problem may lie in those areas.
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Hello,

very interesting post, but I guess, you have to check all details. The Pistons are not OEM, they are from Wössner! I would demount the heads and check the surfaces on the cylinder and the heads! They have to be in good condition and the gaskets shouldn't have problems...

Arey ou still using the correct bore or do you use the oversize versions of Wössner?

You use double ignition? The Valves are sodium filled?

I am just asking, becuase I already made my experience with them. they are good, but they can also cause some problems. Could you post some pictures, especially of the failed parts....

Did the same cylinder fail twice? Make sure all the cylinders are the same height, from the seating surface at the case to the top lip where it seats with the head.
    Bob B

Now when have the engine return dismounted I input pic here a lot of .....

Is not oversized pistons.......

Yes I usted doblé ignition distribuitor and the valves are resurfaced seat......

I think is possible the three heads are not resized with the same level exactly ......... Not when down engine and dismount input pics.......

Thank you and now input all info I have step by step........
    WWW.9TREFFEN.COM

9treffen@gmail.com