Thread: FS: @TheGallery - Porsche S Coupe BY66/MY67

FS: @TheGallery - Porsche S Coupe BY66/MY67

Does anyone know this car?

http://www.thegallerybrummen.nl/nl_N...6/details.html

European car. Originally delivered in Sweden and always been there until 3 weeks ago.
    Last edited by Adore911; 10-01-2022 at 02:00 PM.

Not recorded in the Registry database. Only a handful 67S´s sold new in Sweden so a bit sad to see another one go. Looks like a good restoration candidate and a very nice original color.

Have posted on the Swedish forum in case anyone recognize it.

10186296-1.jpg

10186296-37.jpg
    S-Reg #1382
    67S Lavender
    70S Silver, original Slate Gray Japan delivery

Quote Originally Posted by Schiefer View Post
    Not recorded in the Registry database. Only a handful 67S´s sold new in Sweden so a bit sad to see another one go. Looks like a good restoration candidate and a very nice original color.

Have posted on the Swedish forum in case anyone recognize it.

10186296-1.jpg

10186296-37.jpg
    The original color is 6602, polorot, indeed very nice!
    Under and next to the metallic blue I saw some red already and the polo red was confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Adore911 View Post
    The original color is 6602, polorot, indeed very nice!
    Under and next to the metallic blue I saw some red already and the polo red was confirmed.
    I must admit I jumped to the conclusion the original color was blue.. But you are right, I see the trace of red now, also nice btw
    Did you get any options from the dealer or just the Polo Red confirmation??
    S-Reg #1382
    67S Lavender

As per current information: Webasto heater. Not really an option in Sweden

Quote Originally Posted by Adore911 View Post
    As per current information: Webasto heater. Not really an option in Sweden
    You are right, in Sweden the webasto is mandatory!
    S-Reg #1382
    67S Lavender

Thanks for the link to the original for sale photos Eric. I don’t know how I missed this thread back in 2015.
    My Rhd car is 305457S also in polo red and likely to have been together with this car in the factory for paint. I’m sure Sweden were still driving on the left until a year after this build date so interesting someone took delivery of a lhd car. Maybe they knew something was coming!

I’ll study the before pictures carefully. Anything you see of note Eric?

Regards
    Mike
    RS#1551(sold)
    67S
    73E (home after 25 years) and sold again
    Early S reg. #681

Quote Originally Posted by 210bhp View Post
    ...IÂ’m sure Sweden were still driving on the left until a year after this build date so interesting someone took delivery of a lhd car. Maybe they knew something was coming! ...

Regards
    Mike
    The Swedisch Parliament took the decision in 1963 to switch on September 3, 1967. By that time approx. 90% were LHD cars in Sweden. LHD cars had always been the majority. A good article on this: https://www.volvoclub.org.uk/history...on_right.shtml

My 1964 Scania Vabis delivered 356 SC was also LHD.

The above 66S car was a very honest, complete and extremely well preserved car with matching numbers, original Webasto, very original engine bay and principal interior parts. Original front and rear bumpers, original engine lid, shortened original front lid where are all with the car. Good history, low milage and European configuration. Schiefer was very right! Off course fenders needed to be replaced and a set of original Hella 128 and original 4,5 Fuchs needed to be added.
    Last edited by Adore911; 10-01-2022 at 02:06 PM.

Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100