Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS: Tangerine 1969 911T, numbers matching, orig. California black plates!

FS: Tangerine 1969 911T, numbers matching, orig. California black plates!

Hi all! After two very great years with my Tangerine 911T, I've decided to put it in the market. This car was intended to stay in the family forever. Every time we go to the parking lot, my 2 year old says “papa’s car”. I wish it was easier for me to keep this awesome car, but the family is growing and we are moving to NYC so it will be really hard to keep it and enjoy it. I've decided to post the car here first, before moving on to other channels, since I would want to see it in the hands of someone who will really enjoy it as much as I do. Having said that, here’s the description of the car with some preliminary pictures.

This Tangerine 1969 Porsche 911T Coupe left the assembly line on July 17, 1969 and was sold new by Europa Motor Car Co. Ltd. in North Hollywood, CA on September 16, 1969 and after a couple of years it came up to the Bay Area.

It is chassis number 3495 of 3561 911T Karmann Coupes built in 1969. Apparently, the engine had been rebuilt 10,000 miles before the owner started working on the transmission in his garage in 1986. He never finished the work and the car remained in jack stands. When we got the car, it had been off the road in a very dry environment until it was pulled out of a garage in Morgan Hill, CA in September 2013.

The car comes with its original California Black Plates (last registration sticker on the plate was 1987 and we had to scrape back to 1969 to be able to keep the plates at the DMV – scraped stickers were kept with the rest of the car documents).

In terms of documentation, the maintenance booklet and COA confirms it is numbers a matching car (both engine and transmission). Other documents include: (i) a few service invoices from the 70s and 80s, (ii) several 70s and 80s DMV registration cards, (iii) digital copy of last owners pink slip (while they were still pink! The original was handed in at the DMV when I registered the car in 2014), (iv) 20+ gas receipts from the 70s and 80s, (v) original 911T manual and envelope, (vi) 911 Dealership Fact Book, (vii) 911 Dealership Catalog, (viii) Original Service Booklet, (ix) miscellaneous valet parking cards, old fuse set and other memorabilia found in the car at time of purchase (see pictures). As part of the sale, I will include one copy of the 2015 Early 911S Registry Calendar where the car was featured as the July car! (you can buy additional copies from the Early 911S Registry store for $10!).

This 911T has gone through a “windows-out” re-spray in its original Tangerine Color (code: 6809). When we found the car, it had no rust other than a spot in the front trunk floor, which was eaten away by battery acid and has been replaced with parts from Stoddard (see pictures). A couple of small bubbles in the right front fender were fixed, but other than that the body is perfect. Excellent original floors. Radio works really well, but I don’t believe it is factory; however, it has been in the car at least since the 80s).

Some cool extras that come with the car are the tool roll (not complete), Europa Motor (where the car was sold new in 1969) plate cover, Coco Mats in Black/Grey and Momo Prototipo Steering Wheel with custom engraved Porsche Leather Button (original steering wheel also included).

The car has its original black leatherette interior. There are a few details on the passenger seat, but overall still in great shape and shows how well the car has been preserved over the years. Highly desirable 6J x 15 Fuchs wheels which maintain the factory finish and have not been restored.

The car has only one really small leak which comes from the main crank seal. In order to make this fix, the engine would have to come down, so I decided to live with it – it is just a drop here and there. When we put the car on the street, it had a few small oil leaks coming from the upper valve covers and from the short and long oil send lines. I upgraded to turbo upper valve covers (but kept the original magnesium ones and will be included with the car) and replaced the two oil lines (also kept original ones and will be included with the car).

After bringing the car back to life, it was serviced at the very reputable shop The Stable located in San Francisco until I moved to Boston about 1 year ago. The Stable finished sorting the car out including the service after the first 500 miles, restored the pedal box, replaced the front shocks (Koni), and a couple more things. The car received its last 6 month service just a few days ago.

Original extra parts included with the car: (i) 1969 911T steering wheel, (ii) original short and long oil send lines, and (iii) original magnesium valve covers.

If you want to see the car, it is located near Cambridge, Boston (car remains with the California Black Plates and is registered in California). This is just an amazing car. I think it will be really hard to find such an example car with all the documentation/history and in this condition. Please no low-ballers – this will be a car you will enjoy for the rest of your life.

Model: 1969 Porsche 911T
    Transmission: 4-Speed
    Miles: ~154,000k (~1,500 miles since putting the car back on the street)
    Color: Tangerine

Asking price is $72,950

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments – Telephone number over PM.

More details on the work done to the car:

• Rebuilt carburetors
    • Repainted muffler
    • Crank seals
    • Piston rings
    • New spark plug wires
    • Repainted valve covers and engine sheet metal
    • Carburetor rebuild kits
    • New pistons (J&E) and cylinders
    • New rocker arm shafts
    • Two new chain tensioners
    • Rebuilt cylinder heads
    • New spark plugs
    • New engine gasket set
    • New engine decals
    • New alternator belt
    • Brake caliper rebuild kits (all 4 calipers)
    • New shifter bushings
    • New clutch and pressure plate (factory replacement)
    • New front brake pads
    • New front KONI shocks
    • New brake master cylinder
    • New battery ground strap
    • Replaced front suspension pan
    • New in line fuel filter
    • Replaced points and distributor cap
    • New fuel tank from Stoddard
    • New fuel tank sending unit and gasket
    • New fuel hoses
    • New batteries
    • New interior carpet and trunk carpet
    • New front and rear lenses
    • New body seals and weather stripping
    • New hood shocks front and rear
    • New bumper decos and side decos
    • New front and rear windscreen seals and trim strips
    • New headliner
    • Black plastic door hole caps
    • New bumper end caps
    • New wiper blades
    • New deck lid bumpers
    • Repainted entire body including door jambs
    • Restored airbox
    • New tires
    • Restored pedal box
    • Replaced coupler bushing
    • Upgraded Turbo valve covers (I have the original ones in storage)
    • Replaced short and long oil lines (I have the original ones in storage)

1 (1024x531).jpg
    2 (1024x848).jpg
    Z_Docs_1 (640x480).jpg
    Last edited by diegok; 12-23-2015 at 06:20 PM. Reason: Changed 5.5Jx15 to 6Jx15 Fuchs Wheels. Addded shutterfly link.
    1969 911T #3495
    Member #2793

Really, really,really nice car--the fuchs look like flat six's to me. Chris
    1. Chris-Early S Registry#205
    2. '70 911S Tangerine
    3. '68 911L Euro Ossi Blue

Beautiful car, good luck w the sale.
    Registry member No.773

5 1/2 Fuchs are another 1968 only item. The dealer may have replaced the steel wheels with a set of Fuchs from the previous year.
    Rob Abbott

Hey, Diego . . .

. . . sorry to hear that The Time has Come

I remember reading about you + your car when you first came here. Nothing lasts, I know --- but/still . . .

. . . and I do hope that you'll stay around --- after . . .

And thank you for advertising your car here/with us

We Can Be Heroes

And just so you know, there are people who own and drive old 911's in NYC. So it's possible and a lot of fun. I keep my car in the city but others have garage space across the river. Just sayin'. All the best and welcome to NY.
    1970 911S
    1963 Abarth Monomille
    1974 2002 Turbo

Thanks everybody for the messages!

And sorry for the mix up: the wheels are 6Jx15. The COA lists 5.5x15 Ventilated Chrome Wheels, but only the spare remains. I've edited the post above to reflect this change.
    1969 911T #3495
    Member #2793

Stunning colour in that background light.

Dropbox doesnt work for me but im probably doing something wrong.

regards
    mike
    RS#1551(sold)
    67S
    73E (home after 25 years) and sold again
    Early S reg. #681

Thanks Mike.

I tried the link with other devices and it was working fine. If others are experiencing the same issue with the link, please let me know.

Best,

Diego
    1969 911T #3495
    Member #2793

Beautiful car! Good luck with the sale.
    Mauricio
    Three Pedal Posse
    Member # 1935

1968 Porsche 912-6 TR Tribute
    1968 Porsche 911 L
    1973 VW Sportsbug
    1974 Porsche 911 S