Thread: The FIRST RS

The FIRST RS

I am posting for the photographer who took these photos, Andy Tipping

Andy took these photos approx. 7-8 years ago. He would like to reconnect with the car and its owner.
    Anyone have contact info?

If the car has a new owner, his contact info. You can PM me

It is supposed to be the FIRST RS
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ray Crawford
    Early S Registry #271
    R Gruppe #255
    '70 911 S Coupe 2.9 w/MFI Twin Plug "Flairs n Chairs"
    '72 911 S Targa 2.4 w/MFI

IF I had to pick somebody that might know, it would be Mohlman
    Bahia Red '72 911S
    Meerblau PTS 2019 Speedster
    GP Silver, 2018 GT2RS WP....the BEAST
    Daytona Gray 2021 RS6 Avant....BEAST #2...Best daily EVER

ES #333

GONE...MANY, many great ones....

Lightbulb

Ray,

It wasn't the very first RS, it was the first RS that the factory debuted at the Paris Auto Show, I believe it was #0016.
    It was owned by the SoCal guy Richard Price. I used to time trial against it and him in the POC for awhile in the 90's...
    Richard was also a big PCA concourse guy, he won big time with a Willhoit restored speedster.
    Last time I heard he was going to restore the RS at Cantwell's... but that was years ago, and I lost track of it....
    And then Richard kind'a dropped off the local Porsche map some years ago..........

http://ww.early911sregistry.org/foru...ce-Cars-around

Hope any of this helps,
    Chuck
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Member #226 R Gruppe Life Member #147
    As chuck said, #16 is the first production RS and the Paris show car, but not the 1st ever RS. Gordon