Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS: Classic Early 70's Blaupunkt Frankfurt US Stereo

FS: Classic Early 70's Blaupunkt Frankfurt US Stereo

This is a model 7.632.629 manufactured in 1972 for a ’72-’73 911 but would look great in any early 70’s car. This 12 volt radio is in perfect original condition and works beautifully. Works great on both AM/FM even both dial lights work for power and stereo station indicator. Recently appraised and tested in house by Germany Auto Radio Repair for $450.00. Very rare white face push buttons give this radio a great classy look for your car. Comes with a beautiful chrome bezel, perfect viewing dial and correct knobs. Asking $400.00 plus shipping in the USA. Call Greg @ 805-493-5556 or email: detailmastersofamerica@gmail.comRadio.jpgRadio1.jpgRadio3.jpgRadio4.jpgRadio5.jpg

Have you tested to see if it still works?

let me know, I am looking for one

Matt

Hi Matt I just pulled it out of my car 3 weeks ago and it works perfectly. I had it in my 1957 356A for 30 years and finally replaced it with a period correct 57 radio. It's a great radio with no issues.

By the way there is another radio advertised on this forum for $500.00 that doesn't appear to be in as nice a shape as mine. This is a great deal at $400.00!

Are you sure the rare white face buttons are correct for early Porsche 911? Correct me if I am wrong, but I have never seen these on a 73 and older Porsche 911.

The bezel would need to have a recessed front bar to be correct for a '72/'73. Also, I don't think the stereo versions were ever installed in those cars. They were mono versions. The radio band is correct for the '72 and later radios in that it goes upward from left to right. The push buttons indicate that this is a U.S. version but I've never seen the white buttons either. There is a very informative thread that discusses and shows most of the early radios installed in 911's here:
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...-radio-in-dash

Not white buttons, they are silver face, this radio is correct for 73 and early 74 I think. This could have been in a 911 as I have seen it. Keep in mind radios were never standard so there are variants. Stereo versions were put in 911s with a rear speaker on the back deck being the other channel (it was an option). The bezel is interchangable with the later version (this one has a 65-68 version)

Here is another ad that was forwarded to me that shows similar information and references of the same radio that I have mentioned in my Advertising. http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...furt-US-Stereo I am not an expert on 911 radios however the gentlemen that forwarded me this ad from 2014 seems to be very familiar with this radio. I seemed to have read that this style radio may have also been used by other car manufacturers other than Porsche. Another resource for you to do some research would be to contact Germany Auto Radio Repair. The owner Hernan has been in the radio business for over thirty years. He has seen and appraised my radio using the same specifications that I have referenced. His email is: germanradiorepair@yahoo.com

I hope this helps
    Greg

Quote Originally Posted by VintageExcellen View Post
    Not white buttons, they are silver face, this radio is correct for 73 and early 74 I think. This could have been in a 911 as I have seen it. Keep in mind radios were never standard so there are variants. Stereo versions were put in 911s with a rear speaker on the back deck being the other channel (it was an option). The bezel is interchangable with the later version (this one has a 65-68 version)
    Now that I look at the radio I think you are correct the face of the push buttons do look like it could be a reflective silver rather than white. I stand corrected. It could easily be mistaken for white depending on how the light reflects plus it is a stark opposite of black giving the impression of white or at a closer look...silver. Either way it is a classy looking radio in my opinion.

It's a '74 radio for a '74-'75. It's a nice radio by the way

Here's some reading infor for ya.

http://derwhites356literature.com/Ne...ktRadioID.html
    Porsche taste on a Volkswagen budget...