Thread: Dansk Twin Out Sport Muffler

Swedewerks Survivor Cars SD Swede's Avatar

Dansk Twin Out Sport Muffler

Sold.

My custom M&K arrived. So, this excellent condition, 12 month old genuine Dansk 2 in/2 out, with 11" twin pipes is for sale. I had it on my '72, it's in the photo below. This muffler is structurally perfect, no bends, no rust, no cracks in welds etc. Very small scuffs on bottom edge of pipe tips. New VHT high temp paint to touch up the small scratches I caused removing it. It has a fabulous sound without any droning whatsoever. Sorry, no sound clip.

Comes with hangar clamps, bolts/nuts, but you need new gaskets. (Fiberglass heat wrap can easily be removed.)

Dansk's description:

"The original look, quality and performance of the Dansk Sport Muffler is almost a trademark of the timeless beauty and sound of a 911 motor. The dual inlet and dual outlet design optimizes flow to reduce back-pressure for noticeable performance gains. The satin black painted aluminized steel and dual 50mm center tailpipes are not just all business, but also all pleasure.

Install it onto your pre 1974 exhaust, SSI heat exchangers, headers, or any other performance exhaust - note that a dual pipe system is required. For cars with impact bumpers, note removal or modification of the lower rear valance panel is necessary for fitment."

$400.00 (No shipping. I can help deliver to OC or LA area.)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by SD Swede; 11-22-2015 at 05:42 AM.
    Peter Andersson #2864
    Pinstriped Early 911 Club #1

love the pin-striping!!

Thank you! Applied 1981 by "Shaky Jake" aka Chuck Babbitt.
    Anyone want an excellent sport muffler?
    Peter Andersson #2864

If I will ship it, on buyer's dime, will someone keep me from having to drag it along on my out of state move?
    Peter Andersson #2864

pm sent
    thanks

Responded to but didn't hear back,

Still available.
    Peter Andersson #2864

Sold........
    Peter Andersson #2864

Banned
    I have one just like it if anyone wants a second chance.

Peter,
    Out of state move? Always like to hear what makes people finally leave So Cal.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Beck View Post
    I have one just like it if anyone wants a second chance.

Peter,
    Out of state move? Always like to hear what makes people finally leave So Cal.
    Yes. (Insert shock face). A complete answer would merit its own thread. If I wasn't deep in packing and loading my POD I'd start one.

Quickly: Primary - cost of living. Reduced the monthly cost of the roof over our heads by just over 50%. Leaving a mediocre house, in a morally deteriorating neighborhood, selling at over half a million dollars in order to get a lake front home, with its own boat dock, within a national forest, yet only 2.5 miles inland from the beach at half the cost is a no brainer it seemed to us! (Oregon central coast, city of Florence).

There are a plethora of other valid reasons, more suited for forums down, way down, below.

Right timing - kids grown, happy, successful and doing their own thing. It's mama's and my time now! We've earned it...god knows.

Frank, you'll always be welcome...to visit!
    Peter Andersson #2864

Banned
    Sounds like vacation 12 months a year. Good for you and the Mrs.
    I always admire people who are willing to pull up stakes and try something completely different.