Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Restoring a light Ivory 67S Targa

Restoring a light Ivory 67S Targa

Hasn't been much interest in my prior threads so I thought I'd re-title with this update. Here are my prior accumulated threads.

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...ight=aftermath

Just got my instruments back from North Hollywood. Oil temp needed to be updated but surprisingly the guts were all working on everything. NH did there usual brilliant work.

Name:  DSC00214.jpg
Views: 460
Size:  106.3 KB

Name:  DSC00215.jpg
Views: 438
Size:  94.3 KB

Just about to start full body pan mating to body.

For you targa enthusiasts, here are pictures of an interior gusset. Sent them off to Restoration Design to have them 3D scanned for their library. With various modifications to update, the major portion has been unchanged up through I believe '69. Used in both Cabriolet and targa if my research is correct. Added strictly to decease body flex.

Name:  DSC00197.jpg
Views: 459
Size:  169.7 KB

Waiting for my carbs before the engine work starts.

Probably still won't be much interest but this also help me continue my enthusiasm for this project.

I am interested. One of the highlights of my LT Ivory 67S restoration has been Paul's carburetor work. The most beautiful looking Webers I have ever seen.
    Steve Shea #1 joined a long time ago
    58 speedster
    66 912
    67S
    73S
    97 VW eurovan
    1132 honda snowblower

member Jackson Hole Ski Club

Steve. Thanks for looking. I am expecting the same from Paul. Tentative delivery date is 3rd week in December.

As a aside for anybody interested I have exceeded the $88,000.00 mark.

Lat two weeks were great. Eric finally produced plug wrench and I picked up an original Targa Supplement from California. Sometimes the little pieces are the toughest.

Just got pictures of my carbs from Paul at Performance Oriented, This is what I sent him.

Name:  P1090953.JPG
Views: 322
Size:  165.7 KB

This is what I am getting back

Name:  P1100093.jpg
Views: 329
Size:  64.4 KB

Paul says photos are a little to yellow, but the before/after is amazing

Thanks Paul

As an aside, just crossed the $92,000.00 mark.
    Last edited by doigthom; 12-31-2015 at 04:57 PM. Reason: addition

Wow & Amazing! From the bad side of Tijuana to Park Avenue Baby!

Thanks for sharing.
    MBR #2637
    AKA boschdog
    1968 911 Normal Coupe
    Houston, Texas

Thanks for looking

Tom

The Phoenix is Rising,
    Full speed ahead!

Quote Originally Posted by steve shea View Post
    I am interested.
    Me too. The only thing I donīt like in this thread so far is your restoration costs! ;-)

Cheers, Radmund
    S-Reg #1382
    67S Lavender
    70S Silver, original Slate Gray Japan delivery

Me too Radmund, but such is the fate of the unskilled.

Tom