Anodizing suggestions

I have a couple of early riveted PORSCHE emblems
    that I'd like to get re-anodized and I'd
    like some suggestions on where to take them
    in the Seattle area.
    Thanks.
    Peter

Anyone?
    Point me in the right direction on Anodizing Emblems please.
    Thank you.
    Peter

BY "emblems"...do you mean letters for the rear lid??

King of Trim, formerly Anobrite, in LA does a lot of work on the West edge, but the last two jobs he did for me were a mess and night mare with lost and ruined parts. There are two outfits that advertise in Hemmings, one in Indiana, the other Michigan who do brite dip. Hard process to find done properly. Can't recommend K of T any more.
    Mark Smedley
    '59 VW Typ I
    '69 911T 2.7
    '86 930
    '04 GT3
    '16 Boxster GTS
    '08 MBZ AMG CLK 63 Black Series

I've had the opposite experience with K of T recently - several complex jobs all exceeding my expectations as usual and just sent them all the trim from my '74 Carrera.

If I was looking for any kind of metal refinishing in the PNW, I'd call Queen City Plating in Mukilteo. I don't think they do anodizing but if there were any good local shops, I bet they'd know.

Great tips and info.
    Thanks very much.
    Peter

Peter-
    Much agreed on Queen City Plating in Multilteo/Snohomish County.
    A friend has a 1937 MB 540K and this is where he went for all his work.
    The other option is the plating place located in the Denny Corridor in the city called metalcraft. Either place will set you in the right direction.
    I am also in Seattle
    DD

Shaun Budka in Mass is now doing a bunch of this. He's a registry member.
    looking for 1972 911t motor XR584, S/N 6121622

I haven't found anyone who does decorative anodizing in the NW who does small pieces or restorative work.

I did a production run with Asko in Seattle and it came out great. I did a second run with them and it came out poorly, but it wasn't there fault it turned out the metallurgy in the aluminum I used was different and Asko couldn't duplicate the previous success. I took that same aluminum that had "issues" to Apex in Portland and had pretty good success with that run. Apex does a little different type of work from Asko, more decorative finish oriented. Neither companies will touch individual items, and will only due a minimum run and it has to be "new" product.

There are a few anodizers in the NW, but they all seem to be oriented to aircraft.

My own personal anodizing for the 67S I have in restoration is being done by king of trim.

Soterik,
    Thanks for chiming in. This will help me also when I do my 67S.
    I'll come say hello sometime.
    Dennis

Paid Member # 1991
    Quote Originally Posted by ptrsbtrs View Post
    Anyone?
    Point me in the right direction on Anodizing Emblems please.
    Thank you.
    Peter
    Hello Peter:

Also in Seattle. I'm currently working on a resto and dealing with a couple of local shops. PM me and I'll give you specifics on who I'm working with. They probably know who can competently do the work for you.

Regards,

- MR