Thread: RIP George Barris

RIP George Barris

I remember building a few models of his cars as a kid....

http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-cult...is-dead-at-89/
    Seth O.

ESR #2474
    1966 911 - '77 2.7L Hot Rod
    1967 Pontiac Bonneville - '70 455
    2000 996

WANTED: 1966 Transaxle 229835-902/1

George was kind to all and the penultimate show man. To the end, he was always selling; handing out cards and shaking hands. Good for him and a life well played.

Me and George at a 2006 Shelby show....... From this old thread:
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...=george+barris

RIP George.........
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Last year when I was in LA I drove up to North Hollywood to visit the museum, I parked and attempted to walk in the front door, no luck the door was locked.

I walked around a bit and as I approached the shop next door I stopped to ask a couple of guys working on a car if the museum was closed, one of the fellows directed me to a back door and suggested I knock.

I think he could see I wasn't keen on going to the back but he encouraged me indicating it was fine, so I did and the Man himself opened the door and invited me in. Yes Mr. George Barris opened the door and took me on a personal tour of his shop, he introduced me to his daughter-in-law and told me about the Fleetwood Country Cruze-in he attended in Ontario.

He autographed a poster of the Fleetwood show and I thanked him for his time. What a gentleman, he will be missed.

RIP,

Mike

+1
    re George Barris