Thread: Oil Cooler

Oil Cooler

The oil cooler on my 1971 911E is sadly in need of replacement. I plan to start work on the car to pull it out next week. My question is should I/is there an upgraded oil cooler I should get for it? Or just stick to OEM for $1K +

Kind of depends on how you use the car, and what you want to spend. I think keeping it original is always better. However, I have a 70S that I drove for many years with just a (cheap) trombone oil cooler up front, and the oil temps never got too hot even in Texas. (I did not track it at the time).
    Chuck

Early 911S registry #380
    '70S
    '75S
    '96 C4S
    '65 R69S

Which cooler are asking about? engine, or front fender ? If engine there are no more O.E.M.'s. Beware of Pacific Rim repros, Stoddard sells a good repro that is made in Germany. I have one on my 67, it is a well made piece. There is no up graded cooler for the engine. The up grade, if one is needed, is to add the front fender cooler. There you have choices. See Chuck's answer above.
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.