Thread: Grand Rapids Porsche Expert

Grand Rapids Porsche Expert

A dealer in Grand Rapid, MI is selling this 1969 911E. I'm interested and thought it would be a good idea to have someone from the area check it out for me. Does anyone know of a professional who could, for a fee, go through the car in person? Also, I'd be interested if anyone has any observations based on the photos.

http://www.grautogallery.com/vehicle...-Porsche-911-E

Thanks,
    Paul

Looks like a reasonable car for the price from the photos. Definitely worth a closer look. Has the usual salt belt surface rust on the bottom, but doesn't look to be a major rust out. Tow hook appears to be missing, so front pan should be carefully looked at.
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

they have an interesting mix of inventory - the refurbished FJ landcruiser is nice
    Early 911S Registry #750
    1970 911E - The Good Stuff
    2001 Toyota Landcruiser

Paul, Tim Thatcher of Euro Autowerks used to be the man. They're in Rockford about 15 minutes north of GR.

http://www.euroautowerks.com
    Porsche taste on a Volkswagen budget...

Tread VERY carefully with this dealer...!

+1

I've purchased two vehicles from this dealer and both were less than advertised.

Quote Originally Posted by Nurburger View Post
    Tread VERY carefully with this dealer...!

It appears to me just from the website, that the dealer likes to cast his nets out to a wide spectrum (apparently 50+ shows a year) and likes to use various baits (blondes, brunette, redheads) to reel em in. I'm not saying this he had ill intentions but it looks as though the dealer is selling the cars as opposed to the cars selling themselves (on quality).
    Porsche taste on a Volkswagen budget...

Thanks for the feedback everyone...yes I'll tread carefully Nurburger. Why the ominous warning though? Did you have a bad experience with them? I wish he'd use some bait to try to reel me in - any colored hair would do, but I do have a weakness for redheads (Testarossa!).

Thanks very much for the referral, I talked to Tim and he's exactly the guy I was looking for!