Thread: COA weirdness

Saltspring Island, BC Canada & Minneapolis

COA weirdness

I am almost finished my '69T and I have noticed that the COA I received several years ago has a major discrepancy. It lists for the interior "Leather/9822". The car was original paint and I think interior when I got it and it had black vinyl seats. Looking at some interior threads here I see that9822 would be brown leatherette with cordurouy.... now I have 3 choices.
    I ask because when I got the COA I went ahead and had the seats redone in black leather and since then I have found an extremely nice set of originals in black leatherette and I am now wondering which set to put in the car. Should I ask Porsche for another COA that they research properly? I have someone wanting to buy the car and I want to make sure it's exactly right for him.
    Thanks for any advice/opinions.....
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Interiors can be changed at the dealership prior to delivery. This was done more than you might realize, and was done to "make the sale". Ask Gary Emory.

I personally own a car that has had this done. I confirmed the change with the original owner.

Eric

While I agree with Eric, this looks more like a COA goof to me. I'd contact PCNA and tell them you suspect there is an error on the COA and describe the issue. They will look again and update it at no cost if there was a mistake on their part. Believe me, it won't be the first time they've heard this. I've done this a couple of times on obvious COA errors. A year or two ago the COA I received for my Convertible D said it had brown leather with corduroy inserts (interestingly enough- just like yours). Since the car still had its original black leatherette upholstery not to mention that corduroy inserts on a D would be wildly bizarre, I asked them to re-verify and they came back with black leatherette.