Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Complete 73 S engine available

Complete 73 S engine available

Have a complete 73S engine. From running, driving car. 6% to 8% leakdown at 100 PSI.
    As shown, $30k. Matching trans also available.
    Thanks, Bob
    Attached Images Attached Images

What's the engine number? Many potential buyers seek this info. GLWS
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

Thanks. Engine number is 6332040

Interesting pricing. At $30k for an engine in that shape there's exactly one potential buyer in the whole world, and that's the guy who owns the car the engine came from. Assuming of course that the car itself still exists.

Not sure what to say.
    Quote Originally Posted by ibmiked View Post
    Interesting pricing. At $30k for an engine in that shape there's exactly one potential buyer in the whole world, and that's the guy who owns the car the engine came from. Assuming of course that the car itself still exists.

73 s

No horse in this race, but seller deserves to ask what he wants. A lot of flotsam has surfaced lately with prices for the S car being so elevated. At least in this case the matching trannie is also available. And I would argue that there is more than one person in the world looking for this engine. If I had a 73 S chassis and this was "numbers-close"...I would probably engage the seller. At least it looks to be complete as removed from car...with engine mount, tin, fuel filter console, fuel pump etc...vs some of the cobbled together "complete" packages we see offered up, that the discerning eyes on this board are quick to point out...are not so complete.

Just say'in...GLWS.

Speedo
    registry# 1283

Quote Originally Posted by group911@aol.com View Post
    Not sure what to say.
    You don't have to say anything. You're apparently new here but commenting on things is what we do. It isn't called a DISCUSSION board for no reason. Pelican Parts doesn't allow discussion on their For Sale threads. Perhaps you should list it there if you don't want people discussing your item. My point was (and still is) that the price you are asking is several multiples higher than any other '73 911S engine I have ever seen listed here for sale (considering condition).

I'm thinking that for me to pay that kind of money I would need to own the exact car it came from. I don't agree that a car 'close' in number would justify such a high cost. I'm of the belief that if a '73S has a non-matching engine it's value is not significantly affected if the replacement is 'close' or 'far' from the correct number. That is my OPINION, and anyone is free to their own of course.

Sorry. I thought I had it in the "For Sale" board but I also appreciate discussions or more appropriately in this case, comments. Anyway, it's a good running engine that appears complete with what I consider pretty decent leakdown numbers.
    You don't have to say anything. You're apparently new here but commenting on things is what we do. It isn't called a DISCUSSION board for no reason. Pelican Parts doesn't allow discussion on their For Sale threads. Perhaps you should list it there if you don't want people discussing your item. My point was (and still is) that the price you are asking is several multiples higher than any other '73 911S engine I have ever seen listed here for sale (considering condition).

I'm thinking that for me to pay that kind of money I would need to own the exact car it came from. I don't agree that a car 'close' in number would justify such a high cost. I'm of the belief that if a '73S has a non-matching engine it's value is not significantly affected if the replacement is 'close' or 'far' from the correct number. That is my OPINION, and anyone is free to their own of course.

The plot never changes:
    Guy lists something for sale, non buyer weighs in with 'you're crazy to ask that much..', doubt is cast as to legitimacy of item and price, seller gets hammered enough to lower the price, veterans of this game swoop in a month later and score a deal.
    Too too funny

There is no such thing as a price to high or a price to low just time to reach agreement If my matching 65 engine showed up in good shape much more than 30k would be paid.

"Several multiples higher..." !!! In your opinion, what are these then going for, 10k???

Timo

"There's no point living if you can't feel alive"
    - a few 911s & some others
    Early 911S Registry #3206