Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 100 L fuel sender problem.

100 L fuel sender problem.

I have just fitted a new nice 100 L tank from Marek incl new fuel sender. I`m told that the new sender is made different than the original sender and need good ground connection through the 5 bolt holding the sender.

Problem: when I turn the key the red low fuel warning light is constant on(light) and the fuel gauge is not responding. 35 l fuel in the tank.

I have tryied to fit a ekstra ground cable from one of the 5 bolt to the ground bolt in the trunk , but red warning still on.

what have i been missing?, is there a short cut or something wrong in the sender. it is not possible to fit the connection wrong on top of the fuel sender.

thanks

Lars
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    1967 911 Bahama Yellow
    1962 356 TB 6 Slate Grey
    1982 911 SC gone
    1965 911 gone
    1968 911L gone

I have one of these senders and it doesn't work either. The low fuel light isn't on, but the gauge shows a very low fuel level when it is almost full. Sent an email to Marek, but no response.
    Gib Bosworth
    EarlySReg 434
    R Gruppe 17

Thanks Gib

Could be nice to know if anyone else have problem with this type sender , what have you done with yours? who else sell these 100 L sender?

Lars
    1967 911 Bahama Yellow
    1962 356 TB 6 Slate Grey
    1982 911 SC gone
    1965 911 gone
    1968 911L gone

Your best bet is to contact Nick Burkit at Specialty Cars in Allentown, PA. 610-437-9333.

Nick manufactures the best 100L fuel sender that i know of, and it works as it should also.

Tony
    Tony Callas

thanks tony

I would try to get my bad one fixed or replaced by Marek before spending money again, so hope to hear from somebody who knows the inside of this sender...

Lars
    1967 911 Bahama Yellow
    1962 356 TB 6 Slate Grey
    1982 911 SC gone
    1965 911 gone
    1968 911L gone

+1 on the Mark Burkit reference. I have one of his senders in my 100 L tank. Great service! No extra ground is needed. You can always use your original sender in the mean time. You'll have a REALLY big reserve and the fuel level won't be accurate. But, your light will go out and it will function (albeit limited). I believe that the 100 L sender is the same, only a little longer.
    Last edited by gregbus; 11-17-2015 at 07:28 AM.
    Greg

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't...you're right.” - Henry Ford

well FYI I am in contact with Lars1965 ( we live 15min apart )
    Gib I must have missed you mail , I will be in touch with you

The only reason I started to make these, is du to the reproduction of the 100L tank I did
    I did took contact to Mark , To order a big load of his ,very nice made sending unit
    at the Time I was told by Mark , He is not making them any more ( 2 years ago ) and he will get back to me ! never heard anything
    and I had 300pcs 100L tanks finish so I couldent wait
    I sold 200+ of these sending units and there is 2-3% fault, I see this as a succes, due to they are comlicated to make and alot of production changes to this

they dont Need any ekstra grounding cabel as Lars did , but the tank itself do have to be mounted correct with the 3 mounting clips
    Mine are made electronic , no gold wires , there is a circuit board inside in a small tube, and it register the position of the floater

note its Fuel , and there is 100L of this ,so its no joke , I had to make to modern specs, as I did with the tank ,
    wich is the Only tank on the market ,where the top cover is pressed in one piece

If any else got any bad experience with these let me know
    you can reach me by mail at early911parts@gmail.com

these have been sold by Sierra Madre, Restoration design , Carpoint ,etc

Marek

You guys should take the one nut off the end and remove unit from the tube. These are very simple: three wires. Two for the float to slide on and one copper sending wire. It likely has a slight twist that is keeping the float from sliding. The float is likely not making contact at the bottom to light the light. Again likely caused by a slight twist.

The tube was a little out of round so the float didn't slide easily up and down as I recall. I tried massaging the tube a little (light weight aluminum), and I thought the float slid much easier, but it still doesn't work. Marek, I will resend the original email to you.
    Gib Bosworth
    EarlySReg 434
    R Gruppe 17

I have the same problem, the hard plastic float is stuck on the ø10.00 mm tube due to small tolerance in the plastic float hole, I have pressed 2 small brass tube with ø10.30 inside diameter in the float. Everything run smooth up and down now, but the sender still measure a lot wrong , i can only measure low ( reserve) or 3/4 full , no mather how much you move the float up and down the tube.
    1967 911 Bahama Yellow
    1962 356 TB 6 Slate Grey
    1982 911 SC gone
    1965 911 gone
    1968 911L gone