Thread: Early 911SRegistry Coffee and Doughnutfest, Sat Dec 5

Early 911SRegistry Coffee and Doughnutfest, Sat Dec 5

Don't think for a minute that we NorCal folks put our cars away for the winter. Coffee and doughnuts arrive at 9:00AM. Get here early for prime parking, though. We are expecting blue skies and cool temps.

Regards

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Breazeale View Post
    Don't think for a minute that we NorCal folks put our cars away for the winter. Coffee and doughnuts arrive at 9:00AM. Get here early for prime parking, though. We are expecting blue skies and cool temps.

Regards

Jim
    Indeed we don't - great turnout, the weather held, not a drop of rain, some fine new cars ( new to me at least ), some first-time and European visitors, outstanding hot coffee, apple fritters……and a genuinely good group of people to spend the last EASY meeting of 2015 with. What better away to spend a Saturday morning. Thanks again for hosting these get-togethers Jim.

Attached below, a series of random shots from this AM.

Tomorrow morning it's the Blackhawk Cars & Coffee mneeting, and that'll be it for cars & me for this year. After the Holidays, finish the final little details on Ruprecht, and then the LA Lit show on the first weekend in March.

JZG
    Attached Images Attached Images           
    Last edited by John Z Goriup; 12-09-2015 at 06:40 AM.
    Before it became Ruprecht, my Porsche was a '70 911 T

Paying member No. 895 since 2006

" slavish adherence to originality wasn't for me, because the car wasn't as good as it could be."
    Rob Dickinson's response when asked what motivated him to build Singers

……and the second set of images from this morning, ending with a couple of shots of a very clean, well-done and very professionally designed and executed '69 911 with some awfully intresting details, such as the shift tower set back about 6 or 8 inches to more "readily fall to hand" as road testers are fond of saying, single-shaft drive to fan, alternator and A/C compressor, trunk mounted oil-tank installation, and a front strut / stress bar so beautifully integrated into the chassis to truly stiffen the front portion of the chassis and to help keep the shock towers from racking that it really has me thinking about re-visiting this detail on my car over the winter to finish it once and for all………food for thought.

Thanks for looking.

JZG
    Attached Images Attached Images           
    Last edited by John Z Goriup; 12-08-2015 at 04:09 AM.
    Before it became Ruprecht, my Porsche was a '70 911 T

Paying member No. 895 since 2006

" slavish adherence to originality wasn't for me, because the car wasn't as good as it could be."
    Rob Dickinson's response when asked what motivated him to build Singers

Cool! That's my silver Targa in the second pic. It was only my second time out to EASY, but I'm having loads of fun so far!
    - Barhin

1971 911T Targa, Registry Member # 3280