Thread: FS: unfinished project 911 1966

FS: unfinished project 911 1966

Tired of a long restoration, which cost many € and with a result that does not satisfy me, I sell my unfinisched 911 years 1966.

VIN: 304772
    ENGINE: 900947
    The car sits in Italy. It was imported by the U.S. in 1992 and was completely restored. It is prepared for the historic cars events according to FIA standards. Currently he as running only for tests. 0 Km.

Body: The car was completely disassembled; was stripped to the metal; was healed in the rusted parts with the replacement of the old plates with new ones; was prepared with the bottom and was coated again; was finally reassembled, with the replacement of a good part of the gaskets.
    Currently the body is not perfect, but has small injuries, caused mechanical workshops where it was for work.

Engine: was completely disassembled and prepared according to FIA standards for speed racing historic cars; balanced crankshaft polished; new racing clutch; rods lightened and polished; new racing pistons; camshafts modified race; machined head; intake and exhaust polished; Solex carburetors overhauled with replacement of all seals; Venturi sistem plus; steel exhaust manifolds and sport exhaust.
    Currently the engine starts regularly, but the Solex carburetors do not work well.

Transmission: gear ratios close according to the FIA; new limited slip Differenzial.

Brakes: disc brakes new; brake calipers refurbished; double pump with brake distribution; reinforced brake hoses.

Shocks: Koni Sport.

Electrical system: completely overhauled; was mounted a switch.

Wheels: Fuchs 6,00 x 15 + iron rims originals.

Interior: The car has its original seats.

You can arrange for shipping.

I accept offers above 100 K €

Sending pics on request, because they are not able to include them in this thread.

Vista Anteriore.jpgVista Posteriore.jpg20151122_100548.jpg20151122_100234.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by fedro50 View Post
    I accept offers above 100 K €
    I'll bet you will...
    Slate Gray, Red Leather, 1968 912 HWT

Interesting .... my car is 304780, was built in May 66, but has a (matching) engine number 7000 later, so this is likely not the original engine. Also mine was in the Weber era, so the Solexes are likely correct for the engine - all this the owner probably knows!

Also mine is one of the elusive, little known RS Deluxe versions that seemingly were spec'd (interior and exterior trim, not performance) and priced between the basic 911 and the shortly to be launched 67S. That seems to be collecting a bit of a premium here in Europe at least. Given the proximity of the VIN it is likely this is also a RS Deluxe, although with its racing history most of the additional spec items (door cards, wooden steering wheel, fog lights, interior trim, Webasto heater, ARB) have possibly disappeared. Perhaps the owner could comment as this might make the car more valuable if it is the case and some or all of the features remain.

Mick

Mik, unfortunately I do not speak English and use an automatic translator. So they are not able to understand your request and give a correct answer. I'm sorry

Quote Originally Posted by fedro50 View Post
    Mik, unfortunately I do not speak English and use an automatic translator. So they are not able to understand your request and give a correct answer. I'm sorry
    VIN (numero del veicolo) = anno 1966
    Nummero del motore = anno 1965

numero del veicolo e il numero del motore non corrisponde.