Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS: @eBay - 1970 911T Convertible - Numbers Matching, California Car

FS: @eBay - 1970 911T Convertible - Numbers Matching, California Car

Numbers matching 1970 Porsche 911T Targa to Convertible conversion. Very low miles on this unique professional convertible conversion. Painted in eye catching Metallic Blue, which was a special order color in 1970. Original color was the even more eye catching Conda Green. Black leatherette interior with newly recovered original front seats. Numbers matching 2.2 liter runs strong. Original five speed 901 transmission. Excellent polished 15 x 6 Fuchs alloy wheels. Great opportunity for the buyer who wants something different.

Full details, over 150 photos and 2 videos HERE.

Last edited by 73ess; 12-15-2015 at 09:44 AM. Reason: fixed photo link

Banned
    I must admit; I could have easily been charged with aiding and abetting many of the crimes that took place in the '80's. I willfully watched stuff like this going on without intervening. Now I look back and ask what were we all thinking?

"It takes a village to save a car".

I am curious if prospective buyers are talking about restoring it?

I'm assuming it was a Targa? Weld targa bar back on, fix rear window flange…repaint….

If it's as non-rusty as it sounds, it would be easier to fix this than most rust/repaint deals, I would think.
    Per Schroeder

I'd drive it as is.
    techweenie.com

My parts fetcher: 2016 Tesla S | Currently building: 73 RSR tribute and 69 RS tribute

Yes, originally a Targa. Fairly straightforward to return back to Targa configuration. Well executed conversion to Convertible. I'm with Eminence Gris, enjoy it as is and get all the attention at the shows. Then convert back to Targa and original Conda Green when ready.

If this had been done by RUF we would all be going ahhhh!

Quote Originally Posted by doigthom View Post
    If this had been done by RUF we would all be going ahhhh!
    Good point!
    S-Reg #1382
    67S Lavender
    70S Silver, original Slate Gray Japan delivery

Sold at $44,766.77.

Confession: I was the #2 bidder. Shocked I was outbid. Anyone here?

I tapped out in the 30's just because I needed it like a hole in my head. My plan would have been to use as is and enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by LiveFromNY View Post
    Sold at $44,766.77.

Confession: I was the #2 bidder. Shocked I was outbid. Anyone here?

Banned
    I think this proves that the market for mediocre cars is still alive and well.

Sorry, not feelin it. After doing the math this car didn't add up. (Perhaps buyer used Common Core math?)

Is it the Conda Green that put you guys into a hypnotic trance?