Thread: Fiberglass R Parts

Fiberglass R Parts

Has anyone tried Rennspeed for R body parts? Their prices are decent, wondering about the quality.

http://www.rennspd.com/Products.asp?...dID=3&catID=13
    Matthew J. Mariani BSID, Member 32689
    Haverford Pennsylvania

I got mine from Dave at TRE, nicely made, needed little work to fit( they all do), a pleasure to deal with. John

We make front and rear bumpers using a 2 x 2 Twill.

The front bumper is fitted with pressed aluminium corner brackets and centre brackets with the correct Kaynar Floating Anchors.

Rear Bumpers have pressed aluminium brackets and the flared corners match the steel '911R Fender Flares' that we have been making for the last few years.

We have spent a great deal of effort in ensuring that they fit correctly and we have made simple jigs so we can check every bumper we ship rather than fit and the finish is good enough to 'scotch' the surface and paint and for simple colours such as light ivory we have delivered them fully painted.

We have just completed the new moulds for 911R rear lamp housings that fit into a SWB light box and have the correct curved profile the match the SWB light.

We are just about to finish the first mouldings with Capless Bulb holders, fitting kit and wiring loom.

We have started work on the fenders and will also plan to produce doors as well as front and rear hoods.

Unfortunately shipping form the UK is too expensive and unless we could package up a number of bumpers and send them by sea it is just too costly.

We also make the early style and later style bumper to body brackets in aluminium and they are black anodised.

Chris, I'd be willing to bet money that your stuff fits perfectly The shipping cost might be somewhat defrayed by not having to cut them up to make them fit,,,,,as I did with ones from a popular U.S.A. supplier.
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Yes, I tried Rennspeed for light wt. body parts. The quality turned out to be terrible. TRE saved the day.

This was many years ago, but why take any chances? You know Dave B. will solve your problem.
    Last edited by 37yrold911; 12-18-2015 at 07:39 PM.

Thanks for the responses and advice, Chris your product looks terrific. -Matt
    Haverford Pennsylvania

I also dealt with Dave at TRE, had minor issues but what's impressive is Dave will make it right. He's a busy guy but after sales service seems to be top of his agenda, as it should.
    1968 911T R.O.W. / 68S engine.

Chris,

Interested in your parts.
    Do you have a website or some contact info?

I weighed all my MY '68 steel that could be replaced for weight savings with fiberglass.

Steel

Engine Lid : 10. lbs
    Rear Bumper sides plus Center piece : 16. lbs Overrides ea : 1.75 lb
    Front Bumper with steel brackets attached : 18 lbs
    Passenger Fender : 19. lbs
    Driver's Fender : 20.5 lbs
    Door 29.5 lbs
    Door 29.5 lbs
    Long Hood : 34 lbs

Total : 180 lbs

Fiberglass

Engine Lid : 7. lbs
    Rear Bumper : 7. lbs Overrides ea : NA
    Front Bumper: 6 lbs
    Passenger Fender : 6. lbs
    Driver's Fender : 6 lbs
    Door 9 lbs
    Door 9 lbs
    Long Hood : 15 lbs

Total : 65 lbs

If anyone has weighed their fiberglass stuff please correct me. I arrived at these fiberglass weights reviewing manufacturer's claims. TIA, -Matt
    Haverford Pennsylvania