Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MFI Throttle rod question

MFI Throttle rod question

Does anyone have a pix showing (or explanation of) where the rod from the transmission bell crank connects to the mfi linkage? and what would that be p/n be, as I can't tell from the PET? thanks for the help. Mike

Hi Mike,

This picture is from a '70 2.2E. You can see the ball pin (attached to the throttle bodies) between the left bank throttle body and the pump, this is where the rod from the transmission bell crank attaches.

The attached web sites are for additional support:

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...bellcrank.html
    http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...ement-nla.html

You can contact Matt @ Eurometrix http://www.eurometrix.ws/ he may have what you need, I don't have a part number.

Best of luck,

Glenn

Name:  IMG_1610.jpg
Views: 570
Size:  119.2 KB

Hi, in case another pic helps? In this pic the long rod is not present, that connects the rear bell crank to the cross linkage. We sell complete throttle rod kits if you need anything. The throttle body rods should be ally with ally fixing nuts. Items should also be clear plated.
    HTH

Very good info !!
    WWW.9TREFFEN.COM

9treffen@gmail.com

Youngtimers aircooleds burrow in Mallorca island....

Thanks guys. But, what I was looking for was the rod that connects the trans bellcrank to the bellcrank on #3 (I think it has a chicane in it). While so doing however (the PET is your friend here) was informed that the bellcrank/crossshaft/microswitch arm and the pull rod that connects them have to match. The 71 and earlier cars differ slightly from the 72-73 variety, and as luck would have it I have the later cross shaft and the early bell crank, so I'm looking for the 2.4 bellcrank. Tip of the hat to Matt at Eurometrix

That's correct, sorry I miss understood. I have pics somewhere of the differences which is both the angle and the throw. The same goes for the clutch pedal which differs 71-72. I will take a look for those pics.

HTH

Alan

Quote Originally Posted by michaelaiellosr View Post
    Thanks guys. But, what I was looking for was the rod that connects the trans bellcrank to the bellcrank on #3 (I think it has a chicane in it). While so doing however (the PET is your friend here) was informed that the bellcrank/crossshaft/microswitch arm and the pull rod that connects them have to match. The 71 and earlier cars differ slightly from the 72-73 variety, and as luck would have it I have the later cross shaft and the early bell crank, so I'm looking for the 2.4 bellcrank. Tip of the hat to Matt at Eurometrix
    Interesting. I have plastic stacks on my sort of RS spec 2.7 in my '71S. The case is a '74 7R, heads and throttle bodies were T spec, throttles were bored out to S spec during a recent rebuild. Pump is 019 spec. I notice that the little screw for the microswitch is way off center. I tried to bend the little bellcrank but it is quite rigid and it would need to be bent quite a bit. Do I have the wrong combination of pre/post '71 parts?
    1971 911S, 2.7RS spec MFI engine, suspension mods, lightened
    Early 911S Registry Member #425

"I notice that the little screw for the microswitch is way off center. I tried to bend the little bellcrank but it is quite rigid and it would need to be bent quite a bit. Do I have the wrong combination of pre/post '71 parts?"

Sounds like a distinct possibility, but someone with more experience on this equipment can confirm. I do know that the little 5 mm cheesehead for the microswitch is a very rare commodity.

The cross bar from 72 on is easy to identify as it has the additional web for the flapper box. Here it is on a motor we built a while back.
    HTH
    Alan

Thanks for the tip Glenn. In addition to the accelerator rod I am looking for the later bell crank and the rod that connects it to the cross-shaft. In the photo it is the one on the left which is for a 2.4

Name:  bellcrank on motor.jpg
Views: 397
Size:  121.4 KB