Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 1968 Model Year Changes - month by month

Here the Kardex of my 1968 911 USA:

BR,
    Stefan
    PS: Someone knows why "BA99, Nadellager W-Profil-IM II/2015v.II, 3.68" is mentioned on this Kardex?
    Stefan

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx911 US-delivery 130PS MJ68

Quote Originally Posted by 68er View Post

BR,
    Stefan
    PS: Someone knows why "BA99, Nadellager W-Profil-IM II/2015v.II, 3.68" is mentioned on this Kardex?
    Stefan,

Your 68 USA car does not have US-only side markers? Would you know why? My VIN ends in62, so manufactured only 38 cars after yours! I presume it is also a Karmann car......

Jmirandes

List is missing the 1188 series cars
    Us spec 911 targas.

~J~
    air cooled only

BR,
    Stefan
    Needle bearing recall

~J~
    air cooled only

Quote Originally Posted by jmirandes View Post
    Stefan,

Your 68 USA car does not have US-only side markers? Would you know why? My VIN ends in62, so manufactured only 38 cars after yours! I presume it is also a Karmann car......

Jmirandes
    Hi Jmirandes,
    you're right it's also a Karmann and only the US did have side markers (mine has had a lot of different owners and went through several "optimizations" in one of these he lost his side markers). If you want I can send you a documentation about this car (but unfortunately in German but with a lot of pictures).

Quote Originally Posted by Jules Dielen View Post
    Needle bearing recall
    Hi Jules,
    thanks for your feedback! Does this mean that they (POAC?) have implemented this recall and have documented this with this recording in the Kardex?
    Stefan

Hi Jmirandes,
    you're right it's also a Karmann and only the US did have side markers (mine has had a lot of different owners and went through several "optimizations" in one of these he lost his side markers). If you want I can send you a documentation about this car (but unfortunately in German but with a lot of pictures).

Hi Jules,
    thanks for your feedback! Does this mean that they (POAC?) have implemented this recall and have documented this with this recording in the Kardex?
    68er,

Any information you can share would be appreciated. My car is still complete and numbers matching but the interior and paint have been changed. I am the 4th owner but do not have any photos from original owner to relate to its original state other than the COA, Kardex and posts from other members. Particularly, your photos would be of much help since our cars are so close to one another in production.

Many thanks!!

Javier Mirandes

PM send to Javier
    Stefan

Confirmed by COA:
    I have Vin # 11880060 SWT, produced on 11/10/1967, engine # 3280385, very well optioned with Bumper Horns F/R, Webasto Heater (0207 955), wheel caps w/colored crests, Blaupunkt Radio Frankfurt Nr:973814, 2 Headrests-Leatherette, Ventilated Chrome Wheels, Loudspeaker, Antenna, Auxiliary Gasoline-Electric Heater, and Pirelli Tires (165/15). The car is Polo Red with Black leatherette interior.
    I understand this SWT may be the last one made for 1968, any info on this?

John

Hello,

Did all 1968 model year US cars came with side blinkers or only those built/imported after January 1st 1968? Could the early 68 cars, but built in 1967, be imported into the US without the side blinkers?

Also, Did all 1968 model year soft window targa US cars came with back seat delete box or only those built/imported after January 1st 1968? Could early 68 SWT, but built in 1967, be imported into the US with back seats?

Thanks for the help,

Thomas
    Last edited by Milou; 11-15-2016 at 10:24 AM.

Milou / Registry #884
    www.ecurielyford.com

This looks to be older than our 11830116

http://www.ebay.com/itm/232261350702?ul_noapp=true