Thread: Tire changer that cares in Conejo/Oxnard/Simi/SFV??

Tire changer that cares in Conejo/Oxnard/Simi/SFV??

Does anyone know of a shop that will take good care of changing tires on the car?

I had a bad experience with a shop that claimed they had the right machine and they damaged two wheels.

I found that Fantasy Motorsports in Thousand Oaks has a great machine that is leverless and basically touchless, and I've had luck there. But the guy who seemed to know how to use the machine and actually cared to do a good job doesn't seem to be there anymore.

So I'm looking for suggestions.

I get tires done at the Tire Man on T.O. Blvd. I borrow some rollers or put the car on jackstands and bring them the Fuchs (with old tires still installed). They can get the Advan A048s I use so I don't need to buy from Tire Rack and bring the new tires too. They haven't bent the wheels or dinged them. My rims are polished and have some very light scuff marks (cosmetic only) that might have been from the tire changes but I didn't keep track as they are not something you can even really feel- just see. I don't know if it is possible to change tires without scuffing a polished rim. You can check them out at the TLG party tomorrow if you want.

My only complaint is that one time they put a whole bunch of weight on to balance it so I took it back and had them reorient the tire to reduce the weight.

If you talk to Pavel and tell him your concerns he should be able to help you.
    1971 911S, 2.7RS spec MFI engine, suspension mods, lightened
    Early 911S Registry Member #425

I always use Kerry at Tire Man also. They care, and are very careful. DO NOT be confused with Tire Man in Simi! Only see tire man in T.O. Ask for Kerry or Pavel...Good luck
    1969 911 E #824

Tire Man in TO as well. Josh is my neighbor and his folks understand Fuchs.

Thanks for all the suggestions. Ironically, we started at the Tire Man in Agoura, didn't like what we saw, and didn't bother to check out the one on TO when we drove by.