Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS: 1972 911, Signal Yellow, 3.2, w/all the cool options

FS: 1972 911, Signal Yellow, 3.2, w/all the cool options

Reluctantly selling my 72 911. I have had this 911 for 8 years. Bare metal repaint, never any rust or collisions. 3.2 engine with less than 100k original miles, SSI, stainless exhaust, chip, correct Carrera front fender cooler. Original carpet, headliner, dash, and visors, all excellent. Thru the grill grille lights, Italian front turn signal lenses, euro on rear. H4 headlights, gone thru 915, rear wheels widen to the inside 7" for 225 tires, short 5th gear. Prototipo steering wheel dated mid 70's, sport seats, perfect door pockets, all German rubber, steel S front spoiler, Carrera brakes, rear stainless muffler skirt. I drove it to R Gruppe Treffen in 2014, flawless drive. Jeff at Rothsport knows this car intimately. He did the mechanical work on the engine conversion, all invoices for work, $18,000, not counting the engine. My 911 needs nothing, everything works. I have been selling Porsche's for over 40 years, no disappointments with my 911.
    Pictures on request.

Stephen www.route30classics.com
    $85,000

very very nice one...would love to give her a three hour munich berlin blast ride....
    the 3.2 is perfect for high speed on the autobahn, so very made for it....
    good luck with the sale
    59 750 pre unit triton
    63 650 gray silver bikinitub triumph thunderbird
    70 650 astralred silver triumph bonneville
    65 912 slate gray "erwin"
    73 914 ravennagreen "ferdl"
    erwin_loves_polo

Quote Originally Posted by haul View Post
    … ...would love to give her a three hour munich berlin blast ride….
    … 3 hour journey being … 363 miles !!

ps GREAT car - GLWS

Pps how lucky you are !!
    Last edited by pgxif; 01-09-2016 at 07:24 PM.
    Paul

1969 ex-South African RHD Tangerine 911T . 1970 ex-Southern Californian LHD Conda 911T 1955 Series 1 86" Land Rover (original Australian CKD … very slowly re-building) 1987 W124 230e
    (long term paid up member)

paul, yes no issue with time and distance....no speed limit on most parts, beautiful in the midmountains...nice ride
    59 750 pre unit triton
    erwin_loves_polo

I went to your site and could only find 1 photo of this car. Could you post photos here? Thanks.
    Bobby Smith
    member #299
    1973 914/4 2.8 ltr. (FTD winner 2008 Charlotte Parade) (sold)
    1973 911 "Orangello"
    1973 914/6 GT 3.2 "Crystal Blue Persuasion" (sold)
    2011 Boxster Spyder
    1973 911 E "E GO" Metallic Green

If you e mail retro356@gorge.net, I will send pics. But there is an issue. People are understandably asking for PPI, and with 150 miles round trip to Portland, and the horrible weather, I will never take it out. It hasn't been driven in the rain, ever!

Quote Originally Posted by haul View Post
    paul, yes no issue with time and distance....no speed limit on most parts, beautiful in the midmountains...nice ride
    Now come on Haul. I think we can both agree that the number you quote for 3 hours from Berlin to Munich is a little optimistic...
    Despite the reputation that people around the world have of Germany being the country of unlimited Autobahn speeds, the reality is that there are many places on the Autobahn where the max speed is 120kph (okay, you can still drive in those limited areas at 130kph and not get a ticket). And in those other areas where there is no speed limit, and you can do whatever your car is capable of, there are plenty of lousy German drivers who abuse the left lane (the passing lane which is normally very respected) by doing only 140-170kph who stay in the lane and do not see the guys in their Porsches, Audis and Mercedes doing 230 who climb up on them within 20 seconds and have to hit the brakes to avoid rear ending them. Driving the Autobahn can be a lot of fun in a fast car. But you must still be alert for the occasional idiot ahead of you who doesn't realise how fast you are going when he looks in his rear view mirror, and then decides to get in the left lane to pass the vw golf, or the fiat panda in front of him. If you want to drive fast for extended periods on the Autobahn, the best time to do so is late at night when the traffic is minimal....
    Last edited by gruen911; 01-17-2016 at 12:35 AM.

seriously...

night time is the right time.....
    done the run.

more than often
    know the route since the 80ies
    corners, surfaces, winds...

one of the most nicest rides in germany

but
    be alert all time...
    autobahn is a very fast trak,
    59 750 pre unit triton
    erwin_loves_polo

Please take another look, my 911 is fantastic.

Stephen,
    May I suggest you add a few pictures here to pique interest?

1972_911.jpeg
    Last edited by DOUGS73E; 01-24-2016 at 09:05 AM. Reason: typo
    Doug Dill

1973 911E Coupe
    PCA #1987109761
    Early 911S Registry #548