Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wheel Restoration (WHO)

Wheel Restoration (WHO)

I have finally tracked down a matching set of early lemmerz wheels that I would like to have restored. I have talked to a couple of different people who have said the wheels need to be cut apart as part of the process and that no one is doing this anymore. Is anyone aware of someone restoring these early wheels?

I'll be taking the wheel I traded with you and the rest of my set to Perfect Custom Wheels in Gardena (Formerly known as Boltons Wheels - same location). As I understand it, the old Manager bought the business when the owner recently retired so still most of the same people. They cut the wheels, chrome them, then weld back together, I've done quite a few there over the years. The new owner is Javier and their number is 310-819-6752, though they may still be closed from teh holiday break, there was a message they were on vacation and back early January

Brian

Brian

Thank you for the information!

You need to talk to Harvey before you do anything. He's the Yogi of Porsche wheels.

Richard Newton
    Garage Lighting

Stockton Wheel, Stockton, CA

They've been doing outstanding restoration and custom work for years...Porsche and hot rod community.

Have had several sets done, original chrome resto and painted custom.
    Mark Smedley
    '59 VW Typ I
    '69 911T 2.7
    '86 930
    '04 GT3
    '16 Boxster GTS
    '08 MBZ AMG CLK 63 Black Series

I have heard of Harvey as well is there contact information? It appears I will have some options so I will do some investigation before sending out.
    Last edited by cdill; 01-10-2016 at 05:49 AM.

Harvey did mine and they were absolutely perfect but be prepared to wait, it will be worth it.

Harvey Weidman
    530 534-7903

Thanks for the info I will give him a call 1st thing Monday

I no longer can do steel wheels due to the timing issues.
    I inspected and trued wheels before sending to Stockton Wheel.
    I would make sure that they didn't over polish or polish in the wrong areas to make them appear as stock.
    Then, when they came back, I would paint the lug areas and backs the proper color for the year and manufacturer.
    I found that Bolton does a very nice job for very reasonable money.
    Also Stockton wheel still does them but much of my previous delays were from their work load.
    If their lead time isn't too long, I would also recommend them.
    I have been recommending Bolton. I believe they do a 9/10 job...probably better than they were originally done!
    AND the 10/10 jobs (3-5X) that I have seen look way over restored IMHO.
    If you want to top them off, spend some time matching the paint too.
    H

Harvey thanks for reaching out. Selfishly I am sorry to hear you are no longer able doing these wheels, but appreciate your response and recommendation. This seems to be a common answer when trying to get certain parts or get them restored for these early card. I must say this community has been a fantastic in sharing knowledge and assisting in getting closer to my project being complete.