Thread: 2.0 heads would mount webers

2.0 heads would mount webers

The questions have one good friend snd not have the engine on the hands is :

This is one 2.0 head '69, not have on the mfi and would mount one pair of webers we have ......

Is possible without problems and not need change the heads ?????

Whats do you think "gurus early engines" ?????

Thank you in advanced.........

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 193
Size:  80.6 KB
    WWW.9TREFFEN.COM

9treffen@gmail.com

Youngtimers aircooleds burrow in Mallorca island....

That does not look like a 2.0 head. The intake port has the recess for a CIS injector. Based on the green shroud and the CIS intake port, I would guess this is a mid year 2.7 engine.
    Tom Butler
    1973 RSR Clone
    1970 911E
    914-6 GT Clone in Progress

2.0 litre heads have a different combustion chamber shape to all later heads.

From the 2.2 litre engine valve angles changed and the combustion chamber was shallower - this reduced the plug shrouding that occurred with 2.0 litre engines.

The 1969 2.0S had the highest piston dome and suffers most from this effect.

I agree it is CIS and have also seen 2.4T engines with CIS and green shrouds.

If you are trying to use 1969 911S pistons and cams with these heads then you will probably have valve clearance problems.

I have some custom 81mm diameter pistons that will work with the 2.2 head design as the domes and valve pockets have been made to suit the later heads.

We use them on Historic Rally Cars in a class where Twin Plug engines are not permitted.

Nice information I can get here,…. Is it only the angle? All 2.0L heads have the same chamber shape?

There is no difference between in the chamber space of the 2.0, 2.0E and 2.0S heads. The 2.0 are have all quite high compression, especially the S engines. I guess the chamber space should give the piston more space….

Ok !! Now understand .......

The number of the engine is : 1969 Porsche 911 E 911e engine * 6290968 * and now I understand this engine have cilinders and heads 2.7 !!!

One fríend would buy because is one 2.0 but I start think is a frankenstein engine ......

And is not good buyment ......
    WWW.9TREFFEN.COM

9treffen@gmail.com

Youngtimers aircooleds burrow in Mallorca island....

1969 911S Style Piston.

2.2 S piston - sorry the picture isn't better

Hello Chris,
    is the first piston from Wössner?

No - it is an Omega made in the UK.

We had a batch made some time ago.

I don't think Woessner make the 1969 911S piston as a stock part - I think they are only available as a 'custom' piston and become expensive.

I have used the 1968 Woessner 911S Piston and although the price was good and they worked I wasn't thrilled and wouldn't use them again.

Their 3.0 SC Pistons seem much better.

I believe that CPS in Italy make a 69 S piston which looks good.

They now have a coated skirt as standard and I believe that they are made from 4032-T6, which I would prefer.

http://www.pistonispeciali.com/EN/cars.htm#.VpSqefmLTcs

I have used CPS Pistons but only for the rebuild of a Lancia 037 Group B engine where they have worked well for the last 4 years.

Hello Chris,
    Thanks a lot for your feedback…

In the future I will also check the Omega ones, sounds interesting. The Wössner pistons are okay and you can use them, but it isn’t the optimum. The quality and tolerances changes from time to time… Personally I also can recommend Wahl in Germany. They are expensive, but perfect quality. They get the forged pistons from Mahle and the final product is quite impressive. Wössner produces their pistons in Italy and final production is in Germany.