Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: 300096

Quote Originally Posted by Jeager View Post
    what is the product you are using to get this perfect looking texture?
    for engine and luggage compartment wuerth Art.-Nr.: 0892075200
    and for the rest innotec spray seal LS-m

for both products i use there spray guns
    the wuerth material shrinks a lot during drying so one has to apply several layers(let every layer dry)

for the trunk lid i apply wuerth ,then spread iron blast furnance slag on the still wet wuerth,remove the excess material and apply an other layer of wuerth.

Franz, Chapeau,

what and how the interior of the doors?
    will you use the yellow Faber Castell you found for writing the number on the dash?
    59 750 pre unit triton
    63 650 gray silver bikinitub triumph thunderbird
    70 650 astralred silver triumph bonneville
    65 912 slate gray "erwin"
    73 914 ravennagreen "ferdl"
    erwin_loves_polo

Quote Originally Posted by haul View Post
    Franz, Chapeau,

what and how the interior of the doors?
    will you use the yellow Faber Castell you found for writing the number on the dash?
    every thing other than trunk and eng. compartment innotec is used...

on my `64 reference cars there was no VIN written on the dash nor a signature (of the QC guy )
    Mr.Faber Castell signed only the doors--in red
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Banned
    Nice Franz.

However, may I suggest that you get your blood alcohol level up before spraying if you truly want to capture the original textures?

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Beck View Post
    Nice Franz.

However, may I suggest that you get your blood alcohol level up before spraying if you truly want to capture the original textures?

you mean like the factory workers did in the good ol days...

i think i captured a bit of the factory feel when i did the black paint in the engine compartment... spray gun in one hand and a brush in the other..

i know what you are thinking now...let me tell you there is a reason why i built the rotisserie the way i built it...

11748/25331

Nice work!

Love the authenticity details like the thicker schutz in the doors etc. Good to see someone finally do one of these cars right!

Quote Originally Posted by 718RSK View Post
    Love the authenticity details like the thicker schutz in the doors etc. Good to see someone finally do one of these cars right!
    +1 Fantastic

John
    1965 911 #301111, Red Book Vol 1 "Cover Car," owned 53 years.
    1967 911 #307347, bare-bones, some road wear, a little surface rust, and a few dents..., owned 13 years.
    1970 914/6GT, (Sold - ran the last three Rennsports)owned 30 years.

Photography Site: JohnStraubImageWorks.com

Registry #983
    R Gruppe #741

Quote Originally Posted by moito View Post
    you mean like the factory workers did in the good ol days...

i think i captured a bit of the factory feel when i did the black paint in the engine compartment... spray gun in one hand and a brush in the other..

i know what you are thinking now...let me tell you there is a reason why i built the rotisserie the way i built it...

11748/25331
    Franz to the Max!! You are too much.

Richard
    searching for engine (case) 903742

assembling is in full swing and recently i realized that i probably don`t have the right antenna....kardex says lockable antenna so i thought it must be the blue tip (which i have NOS) but i probably was wrong and the antenna used on #96 maybe was a carry over from 356 ...pic from a T6 brouchure shows this antenna.

what exact type is it? and where to find it... and if someone has one FS i`m a buyer.

14921/29859