Thread: Somebod from Petaluma north of San Francisco ? Looking for Help with Car Purchase

Somebod from Petaluma north of San Francisco ? Looking for Help with Car Purchase

Hi
    to cut a long story short.
    A friend bought a 54 Corvette unseen on ebay and is looking for help in the transaction of the deal.
    If somebody in that area could have a look at the car (to prove it exists) or ideally know a Transporting Company that could assist with shipping to Germany.
    Also if anyone has an idea how to arrange payment ideally cash vs. car.
    He just wants to avoid being scammed.
    Expenses will be covered.
    Please PM me
    Cheers

Uli

Uli, just be advised, there is a bad guy in Novato, CA. Just a little South of Petaluma, CA. that generally screw anybody he comes in contact with. Mostly Porsche cars. Corvettes are right down his ally too. Cannot remember his name ( s ) at the moment. Others here will probably chime in that have a real knowlege of this guy and his infamous reputation. He does sell on eBay too. .....cliff
    To err is human; to blame it on someone else is more human...

"You must always strive to be the best, but you must never believe that you are."
    —Juan Manuel Fangio[48]

”What would PORSCHE do”

67 911 de Luxe, 356 B silver metallic / brown interior, ( buck skin really ) 67 PORSCHE [ built ] 912, Crystal blue, black interior, 72 T, Silver metallic/black interior, appearance group,factory AC.

Hi Cliff, thanks for the hint.
    I've spoken to Jim Breazeale as soon as we get a Phone number of the seller he'll try to contact him and go and see whether seller and car are legit.
    In return my friend will sponsor the Beer that Jim will pick up at the Brewery 15 mins away from the sellers place for the next EASY meeting...
    Cheers

Uli

Wayne Kreiger, Rich Kreiger, Air Cooled Motors, 911 Enterprises,
    Born to be Fast, on and on

Wonder when it was bought...don't see any '54 Vettes sold out of California on eBay...
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

Quote Originally Posted by 72targa View Post
    Wonder when it was bought...don't see any '54 Vettes sold out of California on eBay...
    This morning. It was advertised on ebay.de not on ebay.com this is what makes it suspicious too - but well - if that deal works out he made a bargain.

It was a scam.
    As the seller doesn't reply anymore since we wanted it to be a COD deal
    Last edited by uai; 02-06-2016 at 05:18 AM.

Use Escrow,com for these sort of deals you don't approve payment until the car you bought arrives and you have it checked (you get 3 full days).

A buyer of my US 69S wanted me to use Escrow, first time I had but it all went smoothly and we were both protected by the middle man.

If seller won't alarm bells should be ringing
    Clyde Boyer

1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed
    1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed my first ever 911 (1995)

Early S Registry Member #294
    First Aussie R Gruppe Member #366
    TYP 901 Register Inc #6

You might want to post this request at Corvette Forum, here:

http://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/...2-corvettes-4/

I could post it for you on that site, but I would first need to have a contact for your friend

GM wasn't good about record keeping. You need a real Corvette expert to look at any potential purchase.

You can obtain a Marti Report for Fords (after '67). Pontiac has the PHS which will provide documentation. A Corvette has nothing of the sort unless you have a '67 and later car with an intact tank stickeror a paper trail from new.

Why anyone would want a car with a pickup truck engine in it is beyond me. (LOL)

Good Luck!!!
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111