Thread: 1969 Car Wiring Diagram... Anyone?

1969 Car Wiring Diagram... Anyone?

I'm looking for a wiring diagram similar to the one I've posted.. but for a 1969. I'm hooking up a new ignition,
    and want to make 100% sure I've done everything correct, before turning the key. By double-checking all my
    connections with a factory wiring diagram. I've tried the search on the site, but count find any diagrams like the
    one I posted below. Heeeeelllllp. ;o)
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Hi Nick-

If you have an E or S you'll need SL33. There is a scan of the Left and Right side of SL33 here:
    http://members.rennlist.org/911pcars/WiringDiag.htm

I did find a scan of the whole page but I can't remember where I downloaded it. I'm away from home this week but would be happy to scan my copies and email them to you.

Good luck!
    Cheers,

Ron

1961 356 Roadster Outlaw
    1969 911E ROW Coupe ‘Orangina’
    1968 911 SWT Burgundy Red project

Quote Originally Posted by rdelmendo View Post
    Hi Nick-

If you have an E or S you'll need SL33. There is a scan of the Left and Right side of SL33 here:
    http://members.rennlist.org/911pcars/WiringDiag.htm

I did find a scan of the whole page but I can't remember where I downloaded it. I'm away from home this week but would be happy to scan my copies and email them to you.

Good luck!
    Thanks Ron, I've seen that one on the internet, and what seems VERY confusing to me, is that my ignition switch has the numbers: 30, 15, 54, 50 & Pa.
    There are a few more numbers on that wiring diagram (75 & 57) that don't exist on my switch. And it's missing the "54" which is on my switch. Hmmmm....
    I don't want to burn out my CD unit, ignition or the alternator by hooking one wrong wire.... I'm sure you know what I mean. My car is an S (not E).
    If that matters.

If anyone owns a '69S, it might be interesting to see what that back of the switch looks like... with all the wires going to the terminals. Photos? If anyone's currently working on their car.
    Last edited by Nickm; 01-18-2016 at 08:55 AM.

Heeeelp..... ;o) Like I mentioned... my ignition switch has only the 15. 30, 50, 54, & Pa terminals on it.
    It is a non-lockable ignition switch, as I'm sure many of the '69's had.

It scares me when I see a wiring diagram with OTHER additional numbers for the ignition terminals. Also...
    if one of my switches terminals isn't listed on the wiring diagram. Hmmmm.....

There must be a wiring diagram showing only the terminals that are on the back of my switch???

Attachment 364514
    OK Nick, I'll bite. I sense your frustration. I've been there with my electrical system. I have a 1969 911T. I've used the SL33 wiring diagram. Above is a photo of a switch like yours and mine. I too have a non-locking switch with 15, 50, 54, and Pa terminals. starting at the 1 o'clock position is terminal 50. Going counter clockwise, next is Pa, then 30, then 15, and 54. This order does not match the sequence in SL33. Frustrating!
    Attachment 364515
    Here is my switch. I went out to my car and pulled it all apart just for you! Haha
    Starting at the 1 o'clock position is:
    50 - Yellow (goes to starter),
    Pa - Gray,
    30 - Red and Red/White,
    15 - Double Red, and
    54 - Yellow/Red. The other Red on 54 goes to my radio

This wiring works on my car, but I'm putting a disclaimer out there that it may not be 100% correct. Hope this helps some. If someone out there knows this wiring to not be correct let me know. Fire away....
    Last edited by 911T1969; 01-18-2016 at 02:01 PM.

I'm dealing with the same issues. I need answers also.
    Chris
    1959 Auratium Green 356A Super w/ Rudge wheels
    1970 Irish Green 914-6 w/2.2S
    Current -1967 Bahama Yellow 912 POLO 2cam4 #1
    www.reSeeWorks.com
    Personalized Vintage Porsche's and parts
    I couldn't find the sports car of my dreams, so I built it myself-Ferdinand Porsche

The wiring diagrams show European switches, U.S. had different nomenclature. Post #5 is correct. You can actually figure it out with an ohm meter and knowing what you want on and when. Roger Chaney figured this out and documented this in "Up Fixen" vol. #4. Its what we used BEFORE the internet.
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

This is awesome news!! Thanks you SO much guys!!! I didn't realize there were also a few other guys out there with the same problem.
    How funny... or not funny, depending on how you look at it. ;o)
    The SL33 looks like a little better wiring diagram than that first on in this post (more accurate to my cars ignition). The only issue I see
    with diagram SL33 is the terminal #75. But I bet that is supposed to be the "Pa" terminal on the back of my ignition switch. I can't wait to
    get a look at it tomorrow!!! ;o) Thanks again everyone who helped. I have a feeling this will do it. Ed, I have a feeling you're correct,
    posting # 5 will probably work for me.

I'm guessing 57a is Pa? Yes, no?
    I have Up Fixen #4. I'll check it out.
    Thanks, Chris
    Last edited by Chris Pomares; 01-20-2016 at 07:47 AM.
    www.reSeeWorks.com
    I couldn't find the sports car of my dreams, so I built it myself-Ferdinand Porsche

Fixen Up vol.4
    www.reSeeWorks.com