Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Behr Oil Cooler for LWB 911S ST TR very nice condition

Oil Cooler 72S Priced to SELL

1 Original Porsche Berh Oil Cooler as fitted to 1972 911 S Cars, some 911 RS cars and factory 911 ST TR & Rally competition cars.
    Cooler is in very nice condition - It has scribe markings etched on one side that may be original or indicate that it was tested at some point.?
    These were offered by Stoddard a few years ago at $2800US. I am told that they are no longer available from Porsche
    On the image posted of the bottom of the cooler, you can see repairs (brazing / welding) that was done professionally.
    I have not tried to straighten the few dings in the fins, 30 minutes with a pen knife should straighten out most of these. On inspection - none of these "dings" appear to have damaged the cooling tubes.
    Price of $1400 includes shipping anywhere in the US or Europe

IMG_2448.JPGIMG_2447.JPGIMG_2450.JPGIMG_2449.JPG
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by imsa68; 02-01-2016 at 05:33 PM.

IMSA68:
    I WOULD LIKE TO BUY YOUR BEHR OIL COOLER. cAN YOU SEND ME YOUR PAYMENT REQUIREMENTS TO MY E-MAIL: chrisagon_urrutia@yahoo.com
    Thanks, Carlos U.

Sale Pending to Carlos

Carlos was looking for the cooler with a 27MM line / fitting This cooler has a 30MM fitting!
    See Photo below
    I recall that this cooler was in the spares package for one of the South African 911 ST Rally cars (driven by Bjorn Waldegard)

Cooler is still available!

IMG_2464.JPG

Is this correct for a 911 1969 S?

I really do not know other than it has the 30MM fittings and this was used on factory competition cars. Perhaps someone can comment???

Quote Originally Posted by imsa68 View Post
    I really do not know other than it has the 30MM fittings and this was used on factory competition cars. Perhaps someone can comment???
    If you don't know why did you say it fits 69S in the first line in your ad?

Original 69S is 27mm but if and I repeat if this unit has been tested and passes the pressure test you can get different size fittings made for your connecting hoses and then at least you have the right cooler up front
    Last edited by BOYER73S; 01-25-2016 at 02:00 PM.
    Clyde Boyer

1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed
    1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed my first ever 911 (1995)

Early S Registry Member #294
    First Aussie R Gruppe Member #366
    TYP 901 Register Inc #6

Clyde
    I apologise that my original listing upset you. I have owned over 400 Porsche 356, 911 and competition cars over 30 years and unlike many on this board, I do not know everything.
    I modified the original listing.

Didn't upset me at all, confusing for a buyer though when on one hand in your heading and first line you say it suits and on the other you say you don't know.

Good for a possible buyer if you have fixed the confusion.

Have you had it pressure tested?
    Clyde Boyer

1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed
    1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed my first ever 911 (1995)

Early S Registry Member #294
    First Aussie R Gruppe Member #366
    TYP 901 Register Inc #6

Revised pricing and YES - this cooler has been pressure tested.