Thread: Rotisserie brand recommendation

Rotisserie brand recommendation

My 73 911E is near ready to go on the rotisserie. Does anyone have any recommendations (positive or negative) regarding maker as there are a lot of choices out there.

thanks, Mark

This is the restoration design model seems pretty good and inexpensive
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    M.A.Spirito

Using this from direct lift.com. Works well. Was reasonable priced.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Brian
    S Reg #1032

"I measured twice, cut three times, and it's still too short!"

My two cents. With the do it yourself models, shown in the first post, that require rolling the car over to get to the undercarriage, I understand some room is required when it rolls over. Those models also have steel bars that are probably in the way for some of the body work. I have a model similar to the direct lift mentioned above and it has the advantages of rotating the car to any angle on its axis, and the roller wheels permits the car to to be moved around. My model does not have the hydraulic jacks. That said, it is a PITA to get the car up to a working height. I have to use a rube goldberg method of various bottle jacks and not-too sturdy stands to raise and lower the car. Not always the best solution. I think I'll add the jacks, now that I have seen this model.
    Jerry G

"Confidence is the feeling you
    have before you fully understand
    the situation."

I purchased a unit from Auto-Twirler that is the same design as offered by Silver Bullit. I then had Auto-Twirler custom make attaching brackets that I drew up using the front bumper mounting bolt holes and the rear engine mount area to secure. Worked great for my 73 and my 70 is about ready to go on it next.

Thanks, all. I don't have the capability to build one myself. Direct Lift and Auto Twirler both look like good choices.

Mark

I bought an Eastwood blue rotisserie (without the bottle jacks) and I haven't figured out how to raise the car up onto the rotisserie stands. If someone has a safe method for raising the car up onto the rotisserie stand with floor jacks and stand, I'd very much appreciate it :-).
    Andy (VA).

Quote Originally Posted by flatsixcrazy View Post
    I bought an Eastwood blue rotisserie (without the bottle jacks) and I haven't figured out how to raise the car up onto the rotisserie stands. If someone has a safe method for raising the car up onto the rotisserie stand with floor jacks and stand, I'd very much appreciate it :-).
    Andy - Having done this once and about to do it again, I am fortunate to have a lift in my garage which takes all the drama and risk away. In your case, I can't imagine that floor jacks and stands would ever get the car high enough to simply 'move in' each end of the rotisserie to their front and rear attaching points. I don't know the weight of a stripped car, but understand it is rather light (someone on the board likely knows) but I'll start the suggestion war with this method: A guy on each corner and two on each side for a total of 8 people should easily - and hopefully safely - allow it to be lifted to the necessary height to quickly secure it to the rotisserie assuming everything is mounted and ready to go. One other suggestion is to put it on a body cart first which would hopefully be the height you need and then the rotisserie can be mounted in a slower, less hectic manner. I think I am somewhat local to you and willing to help if needed.