Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS: Early oil line

FS: Early oil line

One piece oil line that goes from side of the engine to the oil tank over the tranny, 1965-68. PN 901 107 331 12
    Cohline brand, all rubber
    $50.00 plus shipping

90110733112COH-600.jpg

PM just sent
    1996 993 black/tan

2nd I'd Oscillon passes
    1966 911 Coupe - Slate Grey - 304598 - still in restoration!

Member #1616

probably no chance for me, but if that's the original SWB length, i'll take it.

Cool part.
    Did some original lines have a braided metal jacket with blue tracer in it?
    Brian
    S Reg #1032

"I measured twice, cut three times, and it's still too short!"

Your memory is good Silverbullit.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverbullit View Post
    Cool part.
    Did some original lines have a braided metal jacket with blue tracer in it?
    Brian

Yes, they did and they had removable aluminum fittings. Pictures to follow. The oil line for sale in this thread is very reasonably priced, I might add

Regards

Jim

That oil line is still available new and not hard to get, but double the price.

My apologies for the hijack. I think it is reasonable to assume that the hose is already sold, though.

Regards

Jim
    Attached Images Attached Images

Jim, nice pictures of the original hose. I don't think you are hijacking the thread but rather educating people about the cars. I have been around Porsches for over 40 years and remember the early cars but only to the extent that my memory allows. I believe most folks today don't know what the original stuff was and what it looked like. That braided hose hasn't been around for a long time and if you are trying to do an original concour quality restoration you will pay big bucks to replicate that particular oil line. (if you could) In my opinion the difference between the big buck car and the not so big buck car today is found in the details like that oil line.
    Also, if anyone is interested I do have a couple more of the oil lines, not Cohline but Conti brand. They are left over from when I had a repair shop years ago.
    Thanks
    Steve