Thread: Parts numbers database?

Parts numbers database?

Hi!

Is there a known source of the Porsche parts numbers database?

I have been surprised to Google some 904 and 906 parts numbers, and some vendors like Autoatlanta.com lists these parts. Of course, they are NLA.

But I was wondering if there is this kind of database available somewhere? With the ability to select car/year/group

Any help greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Olivier

Yes there is right on the porsche web site
    Then select porsche classic
    The pdf of the parts list is on that page
    Enjoy
    now on the road 914-6
    now in the shop for concourse resto 11850275 S SWT
    daily driver B8 S4 stage 2

Based on his post, the OP appears to be seeking a database such as the one being accessed by the vendor he mentions and various others, not the PET's.

I'm know they're out based on the applications I've seen. I just don't know if they're available (for free or for purchase).

used to be a Windows software PET application (same as the pdf PET today) and it had to use its own little database

I bet the dealers are not using the pdf thing to look up old parts...

Yes,

I am looking for a database or anything looking like an exel spreadsheet where you can perform searches, and filters.

I have just asked AutoAtlanta, and the answer is that they are linked to Porsche Database...

The PET PDF files are (for me) not exploitable. As far as I remember,it is not even possible to make a search in their PDF files.

Now that you mention the CD, you're right, I think porsche is selling a CD like this.

Now I am wondering if there is anything 904/906 related in this CD. Probably more oriented 911 cars...

I have the paper version of the 904 and 906 Ersatzteil Katalog (hummm German, what a sweet language to my hears =) ) but I doubt an OCR soft could translate the data into an exel file usable?

Olivier.

Quote Originally Posted by Olivier View Post
    The PET PDF files are (for me) not exploitable. As far as I remember,it is not even possible to make a search in their PDF files.
    I can search the Porsche PET PDFs. I have Adobe Reader XI.
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

Porsche PET .pdfs are searchable by part number... Just used them to catalogue all the major work done and parts replaced on 304598 via receipts over the years. Part numbers usually readable whereas descriptions rarely were. Searchable PET .pdfs were invaluable!!!
    1966 911 Coupe - Slate Grey - 304598 - still in restoration!

Member #1616

Isn't there any "official vendor" on this board linked to the porsche network?

COme on guys! Please, help me! And I'll do my best to help in return if I can.

Olivier.

I have this file from the Genuine parts list europe but is very old (2005 issue).
    Name:  porsche_db.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  150.2 KB

CTRL F on the PET from Porsche classic
    Membership #3255
    revivem.co.nz