Thread: *RARE* 1964 Porsche 901 911 Transmission from original "232" car!

*RARE* 1964 Porsche 901 911 Transmission from original "232" car!

Porsche 911 Gearbox #100114 - 901/0

This gearbox had been kept in dry storage for approx 30+ years, it had been removed from service for unknown reasons but still turned freely. The entire transmission was torn down, cleaned, inspected and "refreshed". Because of the rarity of this gearbox we wanted to keep it as original as possible and only replaced what was broken. I have detailed pictures available of the internal gears including the dates on the gears, which were manufactured in June/July of 1964

Upon inspection it appears that someone kept trying to put the car from 1st gear into reverse, likely missing 2nd gear as there was some wear marks on the reverse idler gear. We kept the reverse idler gear in use as it is unique to this early box. The reverse-1st op sleeve and 1st gear dog teeth were also worn and replaced. The only other items we replaced were the differential bearings, the reverse idler bearings, the clutch arm pivot bushing and the reverse light switch. All original parts removed from the gearbox are available for inspection and are included in the sale.

The gearbox has been resealed and is ready to be installed into your vintage Porsche 901!!
    $7500obo including rebuilt starter
    Trades considered.
    Call 770-951-1777 or email checkpointauto@outlook.com with any questions.
    Thanks
    01.JPG
    02.JPG
    03.JPG
    04.JPG
    051.JPG
    Last edited by P-CarLover; 02-14-2017 at 05:12 AM. Reason: Update

Bump, price update.

Lower price - includes rebuilt starter~
    $7500 obo

Merry Christmas everyone.
    Last edited by P-CarLover; 02-14-2017 at 05:13 AM.

Banned
    So here's the deal John: If anyone shows sudden interest in your trans please let me know. I in turn will let you know if someone is keen on my 900213 case.

At that point it would not take a genius to figure out that 300107 was discovered.
    Last edited by Frank Beck; 12-23-2016 at 04:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Beck View Post
    So here's the deal John: If anyone shows sudden interest in your trans please let me know. I in turn will let you know if someone is keen on my 900214 case.

At that point it would not take a genius to figure out that 300232 was discovered.
    Just for clarification, in this case "232," I believe, refers to ONE of the 232 911s (901s) built in 1964. In any case, transmission 100114 was originally in car 300107 (not known to exist) As for engine 900214, it originally was in car 300085 which also, as far as i know, does not exist any longer. Interestingly, though, both these cars were completed 20 November, 1964. Thanks.

-Allen-

Banned
    Thanks Allen. My bad.

Correction: My eng case 900213 and John's 100114 match 300107.

My bad.

Correction: My eng case 900213 and John's 100114 match 300107.
    Oh ! Now I see. That engine came from, yes, the same car as the tranny: 300107. Thanks.

-Allen-

So here's the deal John: If anyone shows sudden interest in your trans please let me know. I in turn will let you know if someone is keen on my 900213 case.

At that point it would not take a genius to figure out that 300107 was discovered.
    Indeed sir, doubt that it will turn up any time soon but perhaps someone will need an engine/trans in that range~ What are you asking for #213? Any interest in a swap? We've got a '67 motor/trans #911554 - motor is locked though~ Would be cool to pair them up again.

Dropping price again since it seems the original car is likely gone forever~
    $7500 obo including rebuilt correct early 64 starter.
    Thanks