Thread: FS: Early Bright Gold "PORSCHE" letters

FS: Early Bright Gold "PORSCHE" letters

This is the bright shiny gold letters not the matte dull ones that some of the suppliers are currently selling. They are used and are in very good condition with some slight surface marks, all mounting post are in good shape. Price is $195 includes shipping in the USA.

Attachment 368234
    Attachment 368235Attachment 368236
    Mike Fitton # 2071
    2018 911S Carrera White
    2012 991 Platinum Silver ( Gone)
    1971 911T Targa Bahia Red (Gone to France)
    1995 911 Carrera Polar Silver (Gone)

No Affiliation with City of Chicago!

Mike,

Are these off an early car or are they still repops? If original off an early car, I will take them.

Stephen.

Quote Originally Posted by mfitton View Post
    This is the bright shiny gold letters not the matte dull ones that some of the suppliers are currently selling. They are used and are in very good condition with some slight surface marks, all mounting post are in good shape. Price is $195 includes shipping in the USA.

Attachment 368234
    Attachment 368235Attachment 368236
    Stephen
    ---------
    '71 Tangerine 911T Coupe

Don't think these are re-pops as the ones I have seen are dull matte finish. These are "Porsche" supplied letters, but are newer version within the last 5 years and the brighter shiny version. They are not used original ones off of a '60's early '70's car but the finish is dead nuts to my original letters on my '71 Targa.
    Mike Fitton # 2071
    2018 911S Carrera White

Quote Originally Posted by mfitton View Post
    Don't think these are re-pops as the ones I have seen are dull matte finish. These are "Porsche" supplied letters, but are newer version within the last 5 years and the brighter shiny version. They are not used original ones off of a '60's early '70's car but the finish is dead nuts to my original letters on my '71 Targa.
    Mike, if available within the last 5 years from Porsche, then these would be the same as the ones available through the Porsche Classic catalog?

http://www.classicshop.porsche.com/p...155930122.html

Stephen
    Stephen
    ---------
    '71 Tangerine 911T Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by A4GEN2 View Post
    Mike, if available within the last 5 years from Porsche, then these would be the same as the ones available through the Porsche Classic catalog?

http://www.classicshop.porsche.com/p...155930122.html

Stephen
    Of course their picture is terrible you can't tell what the finish is like, matte or bright. I found another set I have that I know is original early 70's and not quite as good of condition with the bright finish a little worn. Comparing to my original set on my '71 Targa these are the same mold with the edges of the letters being very sharp as opposed to the later set which has a more rounded edge on the letters.

Attachment 368323Attachment 368324Attachment 368325
    Mike Fitton # 2071
    2018 911S Carrera White

Ok, thanks for the information Mike.

I'm going to keep looking for a early 70s set of letters.

Best, Stephen.
    Stephen
    ---------
    '71 Tangerine 911T Coupe