Thread: location of belt mounting holes on tunnel/sills for 73 rs

location of belt mounting holes on tunnel/sills for 73 rs

I am interested to replicate the belt mounting holes on the center tunnel and sills that the 73 rs cars have, but I'm not sure where they are located and the diameter and if they're threaded. Does anyone have the details of them including precise measurement of where they exist on the tunnel and/or pictures of them? Appreciate any info you have on this. Also, looking for the measurement of those holes if you know that as well.

member #1515
    The tubs were identical to the standard 72/73 tubs. All the original mounting holes are where the standard belts were mounted. On the seat sides there are L shaped brackets mounted to the rail.
    The only additional belt mounting point specific to the RS are the bolt brackets welded at each end of the package shelf area. This was for the competition harness.
    I stand to be corrected, but as far as I'm aware, there are no holes on the tunnel for this purpose.
    David

'73 S Targa #0830 2.7 MFI rebuilt to RS specs

David,

You may be right. I was recently told that 73 RS has extra anchor points for mounting seat belts on the transmission tunnel and on the sill, and that the RS lightweight have used them in conjunction the 3 point lap belt set up with those RSR/RS lightweight bucket seats that have the thumbscrew for adjusting the back. Again, this is just what one person told me, and I haven't been able to verify it but assumed it to be true.

member #1515
    This is the only extra seatbelt bracket I've seen on an RS lightweight. On the corner of the package shelf. There were probably more on the competition cars.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    David

'73 S Targa #0830 2.7 MFI rebuilt to RS specs

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper72 View Post
    David,

You may be right. I was recently told that 73 RS has extra anchor points for mounting seat belts on the transmission tunnel and on the sill, and that the RS lightweight have used them in conjunction the 3 point lap belt set up with those RSR/RS lightweight bucket seats that have the thumbscrew for adjusting the back. Again, this is just what one person told me, and I haven't been able to verify it but assumed it to be true.
    David IS right.

SKM, that's my understanding, too. Any chance you can take a picture of the seat belt anchor in the tunnel and post it?

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper72 View Post
    I am interested to replicate the belt mounting holes on the center tunnel and sills that the 73 rs cars have, but I'm not sure where they are located and the diameter and if they're threaded. Does anyone have the details of them including precise measurement of where they exist on the tunnel and/or pictures of them? Appreciate any info you have on this. Also, looking for the measurement of those holes if you know that as well.
    Here they are. One on each side of the tunnel and the others are on the inside of the rocker panel. Cees, sent these to me from a first series RS, but his third series has them also. After seeing these, I confirmed they are also in my car under the carpet. Sorry I don't know what size the bolt is in the threaded anchor.

Name:  RS 0214 rocker anchor point.jpg
Views: 168
Size:  38.7 KB

Name:  RS 0214 tunnel anchor point.jpg
Views: 532
Size:  41.5 KB
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

Thank you for posting those photos. I really appreciate it. Now, I see exactly where the anchors need to be.

The thread will be the standard 7/16 thS N.F.
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.