Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: head rest

head rest

does anybody know if 356 round head rests are the same used on 68 911's Chris
    1. Chris-Early S Registry#205
    2. '70 911S Tangerine
    3. '68 911L Euro Ossi Blue

Quote Originally Posted by raspy2point2 View Post
    aren't 68 already integrated in the seats? Up till 67 they are the same.

Richard
    searching for engine (case) 903742

here is a post from the 912 registry that shows pictures of what '68 headrests look like. http://www.912bbs.org/vb/showthread....ight=headrests

Quote Originally Posted by raspy2point2 View Post
    Round were optioned on my early build 68,I think they might of changed mid year.
    S Registry#2021

The head rests were changed from the 356-type head rest in December/January of 1967. Prior to December/January of 1967, they used the head rests mounted on the backs of the seats. After that, the seats were changed to have two holes in the top of the seat-backs, for 2 pins to mount the headrest. If the seats were ordered without headrests, the two holes had little black covers. If the seats had headrests, the headrests used the 2 pins.

thanks guys for the good info. My concern is will a 356 round head rest be inter changeable with a 911 standard seat with the round brackets on the seat back. Chris
    2. '70 911S Tangerine

I'm sorry. I thought I had addressed the base question in my response, but I didn't make it clear. Please understand that I do not claim to be a research scholar on these issues, but I will offer the best information I have.

It is my understanding that the 356 head rest and the SWB 911 head rest were the same. I have heard vague rumblings about things like curvature differences of the steel, but I have held both types in my hands at the same time and have not seen a difference, personally. Also, at the Porsche Parade in French Lick, IN, last year I saw head rests on 356s and SWB 911s that looked the same. I hope this helps.

Yes that helps-- So now my plan on using my friends 356 head rests on my 68 911 might work and nobody should know the difference. Regards Chris
    2. '70 911S Tangerine

Here is a post regards to mounting brackets locations your 68 seats may not have the tabs as shown because in 68 there was a change in the type of headrest used.
    http://www.912bbs.org/vb/showthread....light=headrest

good luck

anybody know where i can find early pre 68 headrests?
    LOOKING FOR 1967S TRANSMISSION #103586
    Looking For 1969T Engine #6195922
    Looking For 1969T Transmission #7194313

Looking for 1969T Transmission #7195495
    www.tcspeed.com