Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: RS Touring 0123

RS Touring 0123

Hi folks, I'm having an RS Touring with sunroof restored for me. All numbers matching, white with blue. We received it white with black from Japan with sunroof filled in, but we'll fix that! #9113600123. Anyone have any additional info?

BTW, not sure if this is the correct forum for this post?
    Attached Images Attached Images           

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    BTW, not sure if this is the correct forum for this post?
    General forum would be better- start a new thread so more folks will see it. Looking forward to following the restoration.
    Jeff Jensen

Hi Bill

If you haven't got it already worth investing in the Carrera RS book --2nd edition recently out as you may know-- so maybe can still get your matching number copy-- lot of useful info in book. Drop in the ocean on current price of an RS and well worth having a copy to hand.

I'm sure folks who track RS chassis numbers will chime in, if the car is on their radar. Late here so havn't got my various references to hand. Was it originally white with black, noticed the paint plate is missing.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Cheers

Steve

Thank you Steve. I have the first book. I contacted the author to see if the second is still available. Originally white and blue.

Hey, BillS . . .

. . . always good to hear from a new 1st-time Poster. And not every day that someone wanders in w/ a 1st-series RS!

Be nice to hear more about you + your car --- where you're from, how'd you find your car, why that one, any history that you know of. . . stuff like that. Not the biggest group, here, maybe, but . . . prolly a more passionate/dedicated one than you'll find anywhere else

And everybody looooves following a restoration . . .

. . . 'specially an RS, so . . .

. . . welcome aboard!

PS Nice pics! . . . . . . more, please?

We Can Be Heroes

Suggest you register here...

http://www.my911carrerars.com/known_cars/
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

Hi Bill welcome and congratulations on the car. I have a database of close to 700 RS's that i know exist (and a couple I know to be definitely destroyed) and yours had not been on that list. I have been collating the information mainly from cars being sold and coming into the public arena in other ways since the late 1980's so it must have been pretty much off the radar for that time. I can at least add it to my list even iif i dont have any other information for you.
    Hugh Hodges
    73 911E
    Melbourne Australia

Foundation Member #005
    Australian TYP901 Register Inc.

Early S Registry #776

Registry member# 206 fourteenten's Avatar
    Congrats and welcome indeed. Neither I have any info on your car but look forward to more pictures of the resto. They definitely need to do something with the rear fenders, doesn't look right...

Best regards,

Cees

Bill -
    I PM'd you.
    - Rob

It would be sooo cool if this car was simply raced as is for a year before it loses it's soul in another restoration and then sits inside the rest of its life. just my opinion, not intended to offend