Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The FIRST Original 911 Owner's Manual?

The FIRST Original 911 Owner's Manual?

Looking through my stash of 911 Owner's Manuals, I found this 911
    "Betribsanleitung" (Owner's Manual) W312 that is undated! Is this the
    original first 911 Owner's Manual published by Porsche? Comments
    welcome.

CW
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Frank,

Right now I'm just trying to find out when it was published.

CW

I just sold one at the LA lit meet, US version. Note that this version has the "pull" for the fuel filler in the drivers door hinge image.

So is this manual the first German version?

CW

PS: What did you sell yours for? Answer to: derwhite@aol.com
    if you prefer.

Most likely manual printed in fall 1964.

I have W252 10M in German titled "technische Daten" which has a similar cover design as it was the annex to the manual. Its dated October 1964.

I beleive the first manual of late 1964 might was not dated as it always came with its/a dated annex.
    Last edited by 911T1971; 03-15-2016 at 11:12 AM.
    Registry member No.773

Early 911S Registry # 237 NeunElf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 911T1971 View Post
    Most likely manual printed in fall 1964.

I have W252 10M in German titled "technische Daten" which has a similar cover design as it was the annex to the manual. Its dated October 1964.

I beleive the first manual of late 1964 might was not dated as it always came with its/a dated annex.
    I have a W252e 5M in English titled "Technical Data" printed October 64. I had assumed it was printed for advertising or press purposes because it largely duplicates the "Technical Data" section in my I/65 Driver's Manual. There are a few minor differences.

So, does the original [?] undated "Driver's Manual/Betribsanleitung" have a "Technical Data" section?
    Last edited by NeunElf; 03-15-2016 at 07:38 PM.
    Jim Alton
    Torrance, CA
    Early 911S Registry # 237

1965 Porsche 911 coupe
    1958 Porsche 356A cabriolet

Yes, it DOES have a Technical Data Section (6 pages and cover/title page).

CW

Early 911 Owner's Manual?

Like this?

CW
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I have this one as well and it is a strange mix of details. On page 30, 36 and 45 is the leather gear stick gaitor, on page 35 the later rubber one. On page 40 and 45 the bulging part of the door pocket is at the front. On page 48 the rear window latch has a push button mechanism. Interesting is the front latch panel on page 81 with the two bolts in front of the battery and on page 83 and 85 the two screw horn grille. Is it then a later one?
    Michael Moenstermann
    Osnabrueck - Germany
    Early 911S member #1052

'While accelerating the tears of emotion have to flow off horizontally to the ears.'
    'Understeer is when you see the tree you are hitting, if you only hear the tree then it was oversteer'.
    'You can't treat a car like a human being - a car needs love'. (all Walter Röhrl)

This pic is from Ruediger Kohl website:

Name:  ScreenHunter_440 Mar. 16.jpg
Views: 239
Size:  29.8 KB

This is my copy in Italian text:

Name:  ScreenHunter_439 Mar. 16.jpg
Views: 227
Size:  22.0 KB