Matching numbers with COA

Burgundy Red #6808, black interior

83,000 original miles

No rust car with all original floor pans

Fuchs 15x6" wheels

Blaupunkt Frankfurt radio

All original interior

Tool kit/Owners manual/Tire jack/Spare included/original targa storage bag

Last and best year of the 912 in the desirable targa body. This is an above average, solid, never rusted California car that eventually made its way to Washington all while being a weekend driver. The condition of this car shows that it has been stored in a closed garage all of its life. The mileage of 83,000 appears to be original based on my experience and the number of 912s I have owned - I am a charter 912 Reg member and one of the first 100 members to start the club back in the late 90s so I have been around these cars a long time. Looking under this car you will be amazed at how clean and original the floor pans are, never any rust and never damaged which is very important on a convertible, makes for a quiet smooth ride.

This car has been repainted in the past, the current paint is very good to excellent but not a show condition job. You can expect a couple flaws in the paint as any old car has and there is a ding in the passenger door but when compared to most all other 912s for sale this one looks great. Gaps are good and all doors and hoods shut properly. The interior is all original and a testament to the mileage of the car. Targa top is in great shape, it folds up and goes in the truck when in convertible mode, also included with the car is the very rare to find targa top storage bag. Some other mentionable items are: original Sigla windshield, no cracks in the dash, it has door pockets, original Bosch turn lenses.

In the trunk there is a chrome steel wheel for a spare, again no rust even under the battery, a tire jack is included, and importantly the original tool kit is present with most of the original tools - this is a $2k value right here in case you have not been looking at original tool kits lately.

I just did a service on the car and removed the engine to clean out the old sound pad in the engine compartment, it has a new correct 3 piece engine sound pad now in place. The engine was washed off, oil changed, oil filter can cleaned out with new filter added, new air cleaners, valves adjusted, carburetors rebuilt. She runs strong, shifts nicely, and is ready to be used as a driver in current condition.

I have a clean Washinton title, the car comes with a COA proving the matching numbers, original owners manual and finally the original keys for ignition, door locks, and trunk lock.

Asking $55,000 obo.

Look over my pictures and send me your questions or offers. I can help ship the car worldwide or anywhere in the USA.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by VintageExcellen; 05-03-2016 at 02:57 PM. Reason: Added price per added

Some more pictures
    Last edited by VintageExcellen; 05-03-2016 at 03:00 PM.

And some underside pictures
    Last edited by VintageExcellen; 05-03-2016 at 02:59 PM.

Swedewerks Survivor Cars SD Swede's Avatar
    Mark, do you know what exhaust/muffler this has?
    Peter Andersson #2864
    Pinstriped Early 911 Club #1

Peter, not really sure, maybe a Sebring brand. It is not a Bursch but looks like one. I could probably find an original muffler if the buyer wanted.

Interesting. What's the price?

Price added per author
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

Very clean looking 912 although must've got tagged in the back once as the latch panel was replaced with a later one. Maybe that's when and why they repainted the whole car?

Mark
    Really impressive underneath. I have never seen a Washington State titled car so straight, dry and rust free.
    GLWS
    Dennis

Quote Originally Posted by VintageExcellen View Post
    Some more pictures

I just changed most of the pictures to much higher quality ones. Also just tuned the car and went for a long drive, this car is QUIET when compared to other targas and other 912s. Very nice smooth idle and plenty of power. You will find that a targa that has never been rusted AND never taken apart can ride very smooth and be very quiet inside, something to be said about having all original sound proofing in the car.