Transmission Number: 7230499
    Tangerine Exterior
    36,135 original miles
    All books and records from new
    I am the 2nd owner
    Title in hand
    CASH SALE ONLY, please

Price: SOLD
    Can be viewed by appointment in Southwest Michigan.

I will add more info over the weekend. I am also compiling a comprehensive photo catalog on DropBox that will be available to serious, qualified buyers.

See original thread on the story of the car here: http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...little-Tornado

Tornado.jpg

Interested parties can contact me at jbholdingsllc(at)gmail(dot)com
    Last edited by 4SFED; 04-08-2016 at 06:17 AM.
    Jake
    Early 911S Registry Member #2799
    1973 911S - "Tangerine Tornado" - Two Time SCCA Solo II National Champion (1976 and 1981)
    1967 Corvette Roadster (Black/Black/Black) 4-speed

You have email.

Replied. Thank you for your interest, John.
    Jake
    1973 911S - "Tangerine Tornado" - Two Time SCCA Solo II National Champion (1976 and 1981)

It's a shame that your moving it on after the connection you have with the car
    Clyde Boyer

1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed
    1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed my first ever 911 (1995)

Early S Registry Member #294
    First Aussie R Gruppe Member #366
    TYP 901 Register Inc #6

Hope nothing is forcing your hand.. Some projects are more interesting to follow because because there is more to the story than just a nice car. Your thread has been one of those..

GLWS.
    S-Reg #1382
    67S Lavender
    70S Silver, original Slate Gray Japan delivery

Thank you everyone for your interest and kind words. It's killing me to sell the Tornado. But, circumstances in life are making it necessary. I never intended to sell the car.

That being said; I will make no apologies for this car. It's an all original (or period upgraded) car with numbers matching motor and transmission. IT HAS DAMAGE to the passenger rear quarter panel (full story below). It has a door ding or two. The dash has a crack in it (where they all crack). I can tell you i have been under the car and in every nook and cranny.... I have not found ANY rust. The car was always stored inside a climate controlled garage. If you are looking for the original seats and steering wheel, or if you are looking for a 100% restored car in a vacuum sealed bag, this is NOT the car you want. If you are looking for a very rare unrestored, low mileage survivor original car with PATINA and PROVENANCE.... well, I don't think you can get better than this car.

The quarter panel: About 8 years ago, the original owner donated a different car to Goodwill (an Audi S6 5-speed of all things). The car was parked behind the 911S and when Glen tried to get in and start the Audi to move it (very cramped garage) he didn't realize it was in gear. He turned the key on the Audi, it lurched forward, and smacked the back of the Porsche. He still gets angry when he talks about it. Elsie was still alive then and it broke her heart.... Anyway, the damage can be seen in the photo below. It's easily repaired and not an expensive fix although that's relative. The bumperette, license plate panel and the passenger rear bumper would have to be replaced. The quarter panel can be fixed.

IMG_5512.jpgIMG_5535.jpg
    Last edited by 4SFED; 03-19-2016 at 01:26 PM.
    Jake

Added more detail to the OP.
    Jake

Jake, really a nice car and a fantastic history/provenance.

GLWS
    Andrea
    Early S registry #1082

Update to reflect price drop. I would like to have a deal done within the next 30 days.
    Jake

member #1515
    Too bad you drove it less than 1K miles. Very nice car.
    David

'73 S Targa #0830 2.7 MFI rebuilt to RS specs