Thread: Does Anyone Have Photos Showing the Routing for a SWB Targa Dome-Light Harness?

Does Anyone Have Photos Showing the Routing for a SWB Targa Dome-Light Harness?

My SWT restoration is moving ahead somewhat smoothly (but certainly not fast). We've gotten virtually all of the front harness (trunk) tested, repaired and in the right places (except the passenger door switch wire).

As you know, the dome light harness emerges from the trunk on the passenger side, below the A-pillar...

Does anyone have photos of where it goes from there?

And how/where the harness mounts to the targa bar?

Thanks, in advance, to everyone.

I have a 67 SWT 912 ROW in the gaarage with the bar off I will try to get you pics tonight, I also have a spare harness removed from a 68 SWT if you have questions on the wiring, from memory the wiring harness is taped in place with what looks like masking tape, although with much patina!! Drop me a PM with email for pics.

Regards

Some of these photos are not the best, but they are photos.
    Attached Images Attached Images         
    John Thompson

1966 912. My first car. Bought it Nov. 25, 1988. Still have it.

due to the quality and helpfulness of the photos, i will nominate jt912 for sainthood. (it might take awhile. they have to deal with that "Mother Theresa" slacker first.)

seriously, thank you. this helps immensely on the wiring harness.

p.s. as noted in a response to the 'sound deadener' thread, the photos also show that tarpaper matting that Porsche was so fond of using. (I hate that stuff.)

The tarpaper was fun to put back on. A little heat from a torch and it softened right up and stuck. A bit too much heat and it became liquid lava. A few pieces have some of my skin cells imbedded in them.
    John Thompson

1966 912. My first car. Bought it Nov. 25, 1988. Still have it.

John,

do you know the route of the harness as it traveled from the a-pillar through the cabin? did it go along the floor? did it travel along the frame rail?

thanks. GREAT help.

I have the same question for LWB targa ?

1. Does the wire route thru the body below the targa bar or just behind the tar paper/finish panels ?
    2 does the wire run along the floor @ longitudinal?

Photos would be great
    Thanks for assistance
    Frank
    73.5 Snrf T
    71 Snrf T
    70S targa
    76 914 2.0
    82 Targa,
    85 Alfa GTV6
    60 Lancia Appia Zagato GTE
    Searching for transmission 7115322 (911/01)

Reviving this thread…
    Someone must know where the wire runs thru ?
    Is it along the longitudinal at floor ?
    Thanks
    Frank
    73.5 Snrf T
    71 Snrf T
    70S targa
    76 914 2.0
    82 Targa,
    85 Alfa GTV6

Hello Frank,
    This is how the wiring was routed in my '71 targa: the wire was attached by two clips at the transition of the floor and the longitudinal (the forward one is just forward of the seat rail) then it travelled up the rollbar (taped). It then gets routed behind the upper D-ring seat belt mount. There are two clips in the passenger side of the rollbar (roughly at each of the larger triangular ones for holding the interior panel)
    hope that helps
    Name:  IMG_0332.jpg
Views: 181
Size:  154.9 KB
    Name:  IMG_0333.jpg
Views: 173
Size:  78.5 KB
    Registry #1917
    1971 Condagrun 911T targa
    1974 Indisrot Carrera coupe (US)
    1972 BMW Polaris 3.0 CS

Been awhile but revisited this post…
    Great info and thanks to rmakosaito and JT 912 !
    Much appreciated
    Regards
    Frank I
    73.5 Snrf T
    71 Snrf T
    70S targa
    76 914 2.0
    82 Targa,
    85 Alfa GTV6