Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Deals on Wheels . . .

Deals on Wheels . . .

In addition to the stupid amount of time I spend here --- in Our Little Corner . . .

. . . I also spend an absolutely unconscionable amount of time trolling for --- what else? . . .

. . . used cars

While some of these Little Critters may be future classics/investment opportunities/grounds for divorce . . .
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...ars-to-Buy-NOW

. . . most are what I would call 'interesting' stuff t' drive --- Every Days . . . w/ a Little More . . .

. . . + cheap --- for what you get . . . + what they can do

Plus? I figure that I have some chance of getting in/out o' one o' these w/o losing too much . . .

. . . = fully-depreciated . . . prolly/hopefully

So. Here's a thread to share some of the 'not-quite-klassics' that we come across . . .

We Can Be Heroes

Mercedes C43 . . .

Built before MBz took over the joint . . .

. . . Olde Skoole Pocket-Panzer --- = heavier, stronger, waaay more-elaborately put-together than any of the injection-molded unsinn put out since . . .

A new car that I bought --- for The X . . . was a C280 Sport --- W202 in Benz . . . + kinda the older/shyer cousin o' the ur-C43. Put >100k mi on it . . . . in ~14 mos. Only problem that we had was a weepy head-gasket --- replaced (under warranty) @~98k. Anyway, ended-up putting another 100k on it before trading it. You'd never know the miles from looking at that car . . . bedded-in leather, glossy paint = spotless. Zero-and-I-mean-ZERO oil consumption. And 'ströng like büll,' too. Had a 'Trader ad that I'd placed before; the wholesaler who collected it called + asked me to pull my ad

He was asking twice what I was

D'oh!

Loved that car. Now . . . add 150 lbs ----- + another 120 hp

Boom-shaka-laka-laka

5-speed auto isn't exactly the Hooligan's Choice, but? . . . beats owning a Jap-orean re-cycling candidate, eh? --- fer my Hard-Earned, anyway

Take a look a' this one . . . .

'. . . Very good condition AMG V8 4.3 Ltr, 302 Horsepower V-8, power to spare! Car has been maintained under cover, have invested in maintenance to keep this car in top shape.

A Classic Mercedes, great shape in body and mechanical!, A/C cold, garaged, looks & drives great, No accidents, Non-smoker, Very clean interior, Well maintained..

This C43 AMG comes with Bluetooth, 6 disc CD changer, Bose Audio system, Rain Sensing Wipers, Twin projector beam Xenon headlights, and Wash/wipe headlight cleaners . . .
    '

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...13600936&Log=0

And 96k mi in 17 years = ~100 mi/wk

I drive 100 mi goin' to my So-Much-More-than-a-Girlfriend's . . . /day!

And just look a' the pics! There's as many shots under the car as over

If I wasn't in the middle of buying a house? . . . . I'd prolly swipe my credit card

This one's been sitting --- a while, now, too. Someone 'll steal this . . . . $7.5k takes?

Attached Images Attached Images

We Can Be Heroes

This is in my back yard... I normally stay away from Chicago cars but this one looks like a cream puff.

$6,999 now

Fun cars. Friend had a C36. Handled great and just enough "juice". S.O. has an SLK32. 349hp, Right Now. Mid-high 13's car out of the box dipping into the 12's with "some" tuning and well into the 11's with "more tuning".
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

Audi 4000S Quattro . . .

. . . Down-market from the more-famous 5000 --- but the same basic drive-train . . . -~300lbs

Prolly take some money to sort --- especially as old as it is . . . (the fiddly-bits will drive ya nuts) . . . + you'll wanna fix 'at door + do a paint-job . . . which 'll cost WAY more than the car. But/still --- huge bang-fo'-the-buck

In Malibu, too

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...15904590&Log=0

And check-out that garage-mate. Ford Ltd?

We Can Be Heroes

Love the C43, can't stand the boat-anchor-forward driveline of the Aldi.

Swedewerks Survivor Cars SD Swede's Avatar
    Cheap...hmmm...I just traded Porsche parts for this and am driving it to work (ok, 2 days a week/semi-retired)
    Peter Andersson #2864
    Pinstriped Early 911 Club #1

'67 Type 1, one of the best you can have......... Congrats Peter.
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

FS: @eBay --- '08 GT3 Cup . . .

. . . body-in-white

'. . . a factory Porsche Cup Car chassis. It is from a 2008 GT3 Cup Car. It had damage to the right rear quarter panel and inner fender liner. It has been proffesionally repaired with all factory Porsche parts form new. Fresh complete paint, looks like it came just off the assembly line at Stuttgart. If you are in need of a repair to your cup car, this maybe much better way to get a perfect car again. It has been laser frame checked and needed no adjustments or pulls done to it either before or after the repair was completed. It was only raced once where it had contact. The owner wanting a perfect new car again commisioned the race team to replace the Tub with a new one, this is how we came about this tub. Perfect way to ge a great deal on a Cup car if you know of one with major frame damage . . .'

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-GT3-...p2056016.l4276

Jeez-lou-eeeze --- just when I think I've seen everything!

OK-OK --- she's had a bit of a boink, at some point . . . but --- as long as all the gauges come out within tolerance on a Cellette? . . . can you just see swapping parts w/ a street car, then getting this thing titled somewhere's? . . .

. . . I'd recommend Florida

We Can Be Heroes

More '08 GT3 Cup . . .

Love that UPC tag . . . .

We Can Be Heroes