Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Seriously?

Banned
    I agree.

It used to be that I could count on doubling my parts postings because of my greed and pricing prowess.
    Now people are just doing this for entertainment. I'm very put out by it.

I will however use this as a PSA for pricing. If a specialty part happens to fit a car worth $1M and there are no other ones on the market, why is $10k so outrageous if an RS owner needs one?
    Last edited by Frank Beck; 10-01-2016 at 02:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Richardnew View Post
    Ok - now that is just crazy.

Richard Newton
    The repop grille is a nice touch

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Breazeale View Post
    The repop grille is a nice touch
    Repoop is more accurate these days...
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

I'm thinking about starting a "Seriously?? (Part Deux)" thread, as it seems price checks and hood strut decal typo threads are more far interesting than an earnest question about something kinda important like the differences between and performance of 1965-73 911 air boxes.

And don't get me wrong: I care about typos...

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Beck View Post
    I will however use this as a PSA for pricing. If a specialty part happens to fit a car worth $1M and there are no other ones on the market, why is $10k so outrageous if an RS owner needs one?
    Makes sense, and kind of mirrors Porsche's parts pricing, wherein some things are insanely expensive while others—959 seat rails, for instance—are available at Chevy Cobalt prices. Or 1970s fan shrouds vs 1980s Carrera 3.2 fan shrouds (that was a no-brainer).

On the other hand...how can you sleep at night, putting that newly minted RS 2.7 owner out $10k? You've only been storing the part for 35 years...
    Last edited by stout; 09-30-2016 at 08:30 AM.

Don't get me started on those hood shock decals. Maybe free would be a good price but spending actual money on an incorrect part is really insane.

Richard Newton

Quote Originally Posted by Richardnew View Post
    Don't get me started on those hood shock decals. Maybe free would be a good price but spending actual money on an incorrect part is really insane.

Richard Newton
    That happens all the time on EBAY. Sometimes, even on this site. KNOW WHAT YOU ARE BUYING AND FROM WHO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ciao

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Breazeale View Post
    KNOW WHAT YOU ARE BUYING AND FROM WHO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ciao
    Unless they're REALLY CHEAP parts you need to convert your 964 Cab into a C4 Speedster...

member #1515
    Quote Originally Posted by LongRanger View Post
    . . . 'restored' . . .

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Restored-197...1XLWeF&vxp=mtr

. . . $9999.99

If this sells, I think I'll finally take my original off and mount a replica. Cant watch the rear view mirror all the time.
    David

'73 S Targa #0830 2.7 MFI rebuilt to RS specs

Quote Originally Posted by stout View Post
    I'm thinking about starting a "Seriously?? (Part Deux)" thread, as it seems price checks and hood strut decal typo threads are more far interesting than an earnest question about something kinda important like the differences between and performance of 1965-73 911 air boxes.

And don't get me wrong: I care about typos...
    Can we discuss date stamped wheels too?
    1971 911t coupe
    2002 Camaro z/28