Thread: FS: NOS pad set

FS: NOS pad set for S calipers

Genuine Porsche parts, still in the original box, part number 911.351.950.03. Not the same as the Mintex, Ate, Pagid, Textar and other aftermarket equivalents that everybody seems to sell. I'm not sure these are even available any more from Porsche, I can't seem to find them. Anyway, $100, plus shipping.

Thanks,
    Jeff
    Last edited by javadog; 04-07-2016 at 11:07 AM.

Adding a photo for the picture collectors, the Sunday morning coffee drinkers and those that wish to buy these that may have any doubts that they exist.

Tibi:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Still have these for sale. I have more pads than I have calipers, so these need to find a new home.

JR

Quote Originally Posted by javadog View Post
    Still have these for sale. I have more pads than I have calipers, so these need to find a new home.

JR
    FYI

The current list price for those pads from Porsche (in a box just like yours) is $83.12. They fit 84 to 89 Carreras. They are not suitable for "S" calipers.
    That may have something to do with the fact that people aren't beating down your door to buy those things.
    Now back to my morning coffee......................................

Warmest Regards

Jim
    Last edited by Jim Breazeale; 04-07-2016 at 10:09 AM.

For what it's worth, these are correct for an S caliper, not the later 3.2 Carerra front calipers. Those used 911.351.950.00, or 911.351.950.01, or 911.351.950.06. They also supercede to a 993.- part number.

For fun, I called my local Porsche dealer and Porsche NA has them on back order. He thinks they "might" have 1 set left in the US, although he doesn't guarantee it, as he says that their inventory numbers aren't always accurate when they get down that low.

So, if anybody wants these, make me an offer.

Thanks for your help, though...

JR

Quote Originally Posted by javadog View Post
    For what it's worth, these are correct for an S caliper, not the later 3.2 Carerra front calipers. Those used 911.351.950.00, or 911.351.950.01, or 911.351.950.06. They also supercede to a 993.- part number.

For fun, I called my local Porsche dealer and Porsche NA has them on back order. He thinks they "might" have 1 set left in the US, although he doesn't guarantee it, as he says that their inventory numbers aren't always accurate when they get down that low.

So, if anybody wants these, make me an offer.

Thanks for your help, though...

JR
    I wasn't aware that "S" calipers had pad sensors, like the pads in your picture, but, then again, what do I know?

Ciao

Jim

going by the fact that the stickers on the box show they have been sold and returned at least twice the parts might not match the box.... one of the many issues with "NOS" parts
    Tony Proasi

52 split window coupe

Everybody knows that S calipers don't have sensors. Who knows why the pads have notches in them? Maybe Porsche is cutting down on the gazillion permutations of pads they once offered and their suppliers are changing the details. Perhaps they are using the same backing plates for several different pads. Beats me, they didn't send me the memo....

S pads are 3mm thicker than A pads. These are the thicker ones, so my guess is they are the correct pads. I'm not going to write a letter to Porsche asking them why there is a f'ing notch in them. Feel free to do so, if you have time to waste.

I'm going to put these back on the shelf. Some things are just not worth screwing with.

Thanks again, for all of your useful help.

JR