Thread: Flat momo 1st generation prototipo 350mm (restored)

Flat momo 1st generation prototipo 350mm (restored)

I'm offering this first generation momo prototipo for sale. On the front you have the prototipo mark embossed in the bottom of the center spoke and the back has the very first 'MOMO' marking dating it somewhere '66-'67. Besides that the pictures speal for themselves: it's flat and it's black. What they don't say is that it is a 350mm wheel.

This prototipo has undergone a complete restoration, by which i mean that not only the leather is new but they spokes seem to have been restored too. Since it's age this wheel was probably in pretty rough condition at some point. The fact that the spokes have been redone made me have a close look at them to see if there were any damages and since i want to be completely honest, there is one spot where i believe there might have been worked on. Chances are that one of the spokes had stress markings or maybe it even cracked, i can't tell for sure since i took possession of the wheel like this. it concerns the left spoke which is the most come one to first show failures. I marked the spot with a red circle in the picture but either way i can honestly say that it is redone very well and i only noticed it since i took a very close look. And as far as the leather upholstery, it looks really good but again, have a look at the pictures and decide for yourself.

SOLD

20160331_162658.jpg
    20160331_162710.jpg
    20160331_162727_001.jpg
    20160331_162749.jpg
    20160331_162835.jpg
    20160331_162943.jpg
    20160331_163013.jpg
    20160331_163032.jpg
    Last edited by Robi; 06-10-2020 at 11:14 AM.

For those who pm'ed, sorry but the wheel is sold pending payment