Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steering wheels. Funds go toward Amanda Walzer

Banned

Steering wheels. Funds go toward Amanda Walzer

Let's see what this community is really made of. As of 4/10/16 the Go Fund Me account for Amanda Walzer's boys was at a pathetic $28k. As Don stated, corporately what we spend selfishly on our cars makes this number look truly trivial. When Amanda decided to go for a ride Easter morning in John's Speedster, she did not wager her boys future; she was an innocent passenger who assumed that she would be there to provide for her sons.

Dig deep; this could easily happen to any of us. Will John provide for these two boys? Probably. But this isn't about what John will do; it's about us showing support.

Asking $1500 for everything in the photo. First full price commitment or highest offer up to $1500 no later than midnight (EST) on 4/17 buys the lot. Emailed "commitment to donate" will confirm winner. (frankatbeckseuropean.com)

100% of the sale goes into the Go Fund Me account for Amanda Walzer's boys.

To keep things above board the "winner" will make the donation directly and the parts will be shipped free of charge to address of choice. If you would like to make an offer anonymously please PM me.

Even if you're not willing to partake in this promotional gimmick please consider donating. As a community let's get that number way up.

https://www.gofundme.com/hgx33e7s

Thanks for your generosity.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Chuck Miller; 04-12-2016 at 05:17 PM. Reason: Wishful thinking on my part; adjusted price.

Nicely done Frank.

Scott
    1968 911S
    1986 Carrera
    2006 Carrera S

1973 BMW 3.0CS - Frances (gone but not forgotten)

Donated and Shared on Facebook - challenge everyone to make a donation if they can.

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    Nicely done Frank.

Scott
    72 911 S Targa
    72 tii
    99 M3

OK, I've been troubled upon first hearing about this horrible tragedy on this forum:
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...-Scripps-Ranch

I'm not a huge poster here and mostly lurk and lust over the amazing projects and admire the knowledge and camaraderie of this small community of enthusiasts. It really hit home for me as I lost my eldest daughter from a tragic drowning accident 3 years ago. You never know when your time is up or your loved ones, so cherish every day as if it's your last. I'll never forget having our last embrace, saying I LOVE YOU on that day she passed. She told me she didn't care to go on the lake with her husband for their 7th year anniversary that day. She left behind 2 young boys, my grandsons now 6 and 8 that my wife and I struggle to see even though they live less than 3 miles away.
    Sorry for rambling on a little, my heart just hurts for those boys because I know my grandson's long for us.

A great post Frank Beck and it prompted me to stop thinking about it and do something. At that, I just donated and shared on FB to Amanda's
    GO FUND ME account and by now it should be over the $30K level. I wish I could give more.
    1993 964 C2 GPW
    1973 BMW 2002 Verona (Daily)
    1974 914 2.0 Project A/X (in progress)
    1972 911T 2.4 Webers - SOLD
    89 BMW M3 Lachs - my former DD - SOLD
    https://youtu.be/QrF6VEVh1NQ

Thumbs up

GREAT idea Frank !!!!

Hope you don't mind me adding Amanda's fund link to your thread...........
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Good for you, Frank. I somehow missed the earlier post and agree that we can do a lot better as a group.

Allow me to raise the stakes a bit. Whatever amount Frank's wheels raise, I'll match with an equal donation.

Anyone wanna go big?

Banned
    Awesome John. You have renewed my faith in this community that not everyone is a selfish bass turd.

I know why it was placed on a "Sticky" and thankful but it's not getting exposure because of it either. Readers don't look at the top of the heading when searching for parts.

Come on guys; this is not hard. I'm giving you the chance to get free stuff for a donation that you should be making anyway. The fact that I'm getting questions about what brand this hub is or what year that wheel is tells me that you people could care less about Amanda's boys. You're more concerned about parts.

As of this morning the account was only up to $30,600. Seriously?

Am I laying a guilt trip on you? Damnright. Many of you need to do some soul searching in regard to your level of financial generosity. What's the point of a community if it doesn't include helping one another when we need it most?

I put on the sticky. Let's try without...
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

Any amount donated helps.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbee View Post
    Any amount donated helps.
    Amen to that.