Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Importing a 1973 911 into Germany

Importing a 1973 911 into Germany

I own a 1973 911 S targa that has a 2.7 MFI motor built on a 76 7R case. I have a potential buyer that lives in Germany and he is concerned about being able to properly register car because of motor. Anyone have any information they can share about rules of importing a 1973 into Germany.

Thanks,

Phil
    Early S Junkie # 658

Phil,
    there is no problem at all with your configuration
    the registry will be on the vin of the car and we do get a historic license if it is time period correct.
    The engine is a time period correct upgrade, but not matching, thatīsīthe only problem, but this is it!
    Import customs tax is 7% on the purchase price.
    Shipping is about 1K, insurance and all about 500.- EUR.

with best regards

haul
    59 750 pre unit triton
    63 650 gray silver bikinitub triumph thunderbird
    70 650 astralred silver triumph bonneville
    65 912 slate gray "erwin"
    73 914 ravennagreen "ferdl"
    erwin_loves_polo

member #1515
    David

'73 S Targa #0830 2.7 MFI rebuilt to RS specs

Quote Originally Posted by haul View Post
    Phil,
    there is no problem at all with your configuration
    the registry will be on the vin of the car and we do get a historic license if it is time period correct.
    The engine is a time period correct upgrade, but not matching, thatīsīthe only problem, but this is it!
    Import customs tax is 7% on the purchase price.
    Shipping is about 1K, insurance and all about 500.- EUR.

with best regards

haul

I concur. There will be no issue with the sending of this car back to Der Fatherland. We are going to miss it

He should import it through Rotterdam, Netherlands or he will pay a lot more in import duties and taxes. If it gets shipped directly to Hamburg or Bremerhafen he will have to show cultural heritage blabla. Chances are he may have to pay the import duties and sales tax, which amounts to about 35%.

Netherlands has a different rule within the EU and only looks at the car's age. then it is 6% import duty only (or now 7? not sure), and he pays no sales tax/ VAT. It gets EU import documents that are valid anywhere in the EU.

He should not have a problem registering it in Germany.

~J~
    air cooled only

Thanks everyone, appreciate the information. The good news is car will be delivered with it's matching #'s case. I will miss car as well but I've got two kids in College and three cars in various stages of restoration, something's got to give.

Phil
    Early S Junkie # 658

@jules
    the law has changed in germany....as written 7% tax, via netherlands 6% , so the one is not making any difference if you do have to drive further for pick up the car...

"...If you must pay duty and taxes on the vehicle, the actual amount of the 10% import duty and 19% import turnover tax depends on the value of the vehicle. This is usually based on a dealer's invoice, but there is also a "blue book" giving the current value of each car/vehicle by make, model and model year. The vehicle can also be appraised. Vintage cars and collector's cars require only a 7% duty...."

from the link mentioned above
    59 750 pre unit triton
    63 650 gray silver bikinitub triumph thunderbird
    70 650 astralred silver triumph bonneville
    65 912 slate gray "erwin"
    73 914 ravennagreen "ferdl"
    erwin_loves_polo

Quote Originally Posted by haul View Post
    @jules
    the law has changed in germany....as written 7% tax, via netherlands 6% , so the one is not making any difference if you do have to drive further for pick up the car...

"...If you must pay duty and taxes on the vehicle, the actual amount of the 10% import duty and 19% import turnover tax depends on the value of the vehicle. This is usually based on a dealer's invoice, but there is also a "blue book" giving the current value of each car/vehicle by make, model and model year. The vehicle can also be appraised. Vintage cars and collector's cars require only a 7% duty...."

from the link mentioned above
    Great news, i was not aware. Thank you for the update.

~J~
    air cooled only

Quote Originally Posted by pu911rsr View Post
    I will miss car as well l
    Phil, No not that Dalmation Blue / Tan beauty? Lucky buyer :-)

Quote Originally Posted by nickb4 View Post
    Phil, No not that Dalmation Blue / Tan beauty? Lucky buyer :-)
    I'm afraid so- a case of the second mouse get's the cheese.

Phil
    Early S Junkie # 658